2019 Car park/traffic map

dotdash79

What's the Tesco thing by VG1 about?

Also, there is disagreement between the new car park map and the fine guide map: Campervans East covers a larger area in the car park map compared to the fine guide map. I think the car park map is likely to be the more accurate, because Campervans East was expanded in 2017. While the fine guide map-maker re-sketched over the 2016 map, instead of the 2017 map, so they appear to have mistakenly ended up with the old car park boundaries.

8 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Nothing stunningly new here but am I the only one who gets great comfort from this kind of info/material? Thank you for posting?

Does anyone know what the traffic is typically like entering the Yellow/Orange gates around 11am Wednesday when coming from the Pilton direction? We usually come from Wells direction, via Lower Westholme Rd and get put in the Pink car park.

We have 2 knee injury casualties at the mo so any less walking to the entrance gates would be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

That's Pilton isn't it? @deebeedoobee, is there a Tesco there?

That is what Michael calls the gate by the football field. He bought them from Tesco second hand and likes to name the gates so they are easily remembered. This was changed initially to tresco when tesco moaned about using their name, then it was naughtee gate (?) And now it is Tesco again.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

That is what Michael calls the gate by the football field. He bought them from Tesco second hand and likes to name the gates so they are easily remembered. This was changed initially to tresco when tesco moaned about using their name, then it was naughtee gate (?) And now it is Tesco again.

Marvellous!

I've only ever parked in Orange 36 and I've driven the past 4 festivals. I do try to get there in good time though to avoid the traffic.

Generally I've not had a problem getting out either, but I also try to get that done as early as possible on the Monday morning.

Don't have to suffer the drive back this year though - first time by coach!

25 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

I think it might get a name change to co op in the next version :) 

In ten years of attendance I've never quite worked the car parks out.

We'll be coming from M5/Bristol way on the Tuesday night (arriving around 1am Wednesday). I'm guessing the really early arrivals get into the Orange Car Parks whilst later arrivals end up in Pink Car Parks?

Edited by Cozza84

1 minute ago, Cozza84 said:

In ten years of attendance I've never quite worked the car parks out.

We'll be coming from M5/Bristol way on the Tuesday night (arriving around 1am Wednesday). I'm guessing the really early arrivals get into the Orange Car Parks whilst later arrivals end up in Pink Car Parks?

definitely no pattern to it ..... we arrive from 7am onwards and have always been in pink ... no real way of planning this apart from avoiding the marshals directions 

• Like 1

Where parking in the Disabled Car Park this year, expect to arrive about 7am, first time parking here, coukd anyone tell us if it get busy at a specific time, or if theres a preferable time to arrive?

We may try and get there a little earlier, but don't want to wait too long for the gates to open etc 

Edited by lukemack