Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah maybe he overreacted slightly but it’s an unprovoked attack. Throwing beer at someone is obnoxious but throwing a shoe is assault. 

I think we agree with each other but saying it differently aha. Crowd and security were the ones in the wrong and Joe reacted VERY reasonably all things considered. Just saying it was still a shock to see. The guy was pushed out by the crowd so it wasn't all bad eggs in there but it should have been shut down from the start of the gig. 

I hadn't seen this video so this is super weird to experience it again. 

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Throwing your shoe at a performer (or any human) is fucking out of order and I wouldn’t blame the victim here for however he chose to react, irrespective of peace and love vibes.

I’ve never been to a gig where a ‘‘crowd” was harassing a performer unreasonably. I’m sure it was just a couple of bad eggs, as always.

source.gif

there is always an exception though... 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Lizzo headlines Boonaroo.

I know she played last year (though on a small stage), but seeing the lack of female headliners, do you think there's a chance she'll be back? I wouldn't rule it out

Peggy Gou also came back to close the Ray-Ban, so who knows at this point. I missed her last year for Rosalia+Solange, definitely want to see her soon. 

1 minute ago, Orens said:

Peggy Gou also came back to close the Ray-Ban, so who knows at this point. I missed her last year for Rosalia+Solange, definitely want to see her soon. 

Two questions here

Can she come back- probably yes

Can she headline? Borderline, but at least Boonaroo thinks shes big enough, and place her higher than Lena Del Ray

Same as you, missed her and think we deserve a second chance!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I could 100% see Lizzo back in a headliner/sub headliner slot.

There's been a distinct lack of female names banded around for the headliners this year, she's in Europe anyway, and I honestly don't think anyone would complain at her being rebooked considering how great her live show is.

I agree. 

If we got Denzel and Glass Animals I'd be very happy. 

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Cardi B and Solange were both 2nd line at Bonnaroo 2019, and were PS19 headliners, so by that logic, Lizzo is definitely up at PS20 headliner level.

This is also very useful. Excited to see which acts we get from the Bonnaroo 2020 poster. Lizzo was great last year on the Lotus stage (beach). I don't think Mordor would be as special but she's definitely earned her spot there.

14 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

Lizzo’s stage placement last year was borderline insulting. She’s definitely quite a bit bigger now but she should have been in the main area at the very least. They had her all the way at bits area in the sand, across the bridge while clashing with Solange... 

The clash with Solange was ridiculously dumb and the beach was absolutely rammed for her show. They definitely got that whole thing wrong.