PAVEMENT!

Two Primavera shows are only shows of 2020.

Looks like I’ll be returning to Primavera next year then! Saw Malkmus talking up a reunion lately and thought it was something in the works - not something on our doorstep.

HYPE! 

(Apologies if there’s already a 2020 thread - delete/ignore if needed). 

• Like 1

I am excited. I've also never been to Primavera, but there's a first for everything. 

Edited by sinivali

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

Next week if last year's is anything to go by.

If they think I'm going to go all the way for Porto just to see Pavement, then they would be correct. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Looks like we're getting something in London between June and September, too 

I wonder if All Points East will give them a weekend. It would make sense considering the crossover of acts.

16 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

I wonder if All Points East will give them a weekend. It would make sense considering the crossover of acts.

For the Los Angeles show Primavera have partnered with Live Nation so probably not

Will definitely be going to Primavera Sound 2020. Not sure about the London one, doesn't make much sense to me. A huge part of the magic of  Primavera Sound is that it isnt in Victoria Park etc.

When do early tickets usually come out for this? Pavement has me sold. Can’t take the risk of these being their last ever shows and me not being there. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

When do early tickets usually come out for this? Pavement has me sold. Can’t take the risk of these being their last ever shows and me not being there. 

I think within the next week? Bought my 2018 tickets just after 2017's edition.

27 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I think within the next week? Bought my 2018 tickets just after 2017's edition.

I heard in about two weeks.

The Pavement announcement has too many caveats, it's either "only international shows" or "exclusive concerts globally'. Since they don't say "only shows", then it means something else, ie, they'll do a North American tour, and the Primavera shows next year will be the only ones outside it. Pavement won't reunite without playing the US.

36 minutes ago, daveje said:

The Pavement announcement has too many caveats, it's either "only international shows" or "exclusive concerts globally'. Since they don't say "only shows", then it means something else, ie, they'll do a North American tour, and the Primavera shows next year will be the only ones outside it. Pavement won't reunite without playing the US.

3749AA46-3679-440E-8959-CD91699E69CE.jpeg

Guys, totally understand what you're saying, but if you want to make it clear that it's the only two shows in 2020, then you say: "the only two shows in 2020". When you add adjectives, then it leaves you wiggle room for it to mean something different.

15 minutes ago, daveje said:

Guys, totally understand what you're saying, but if you want to make it clear that it's the only two shows in 2020, then you say: "the only two shows in 2020". When you add adjectives, then it leaves you wiggle room for it to mean something different.

I kind of agree with you but would also think it very manipulatively misleading if they were planning to play ‘in the world’.

I mean it makes sense for them to do two shows. Big pay out most likely, not too long to rehearse, two nights of shows. Easy. I really doubt pavement are wanting to do huge tours anymore. Malkmus has his own thing that he's very active in and probably doesn't want to cannibalise it.

37 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

they refer to 2020. they can still tour in 2019 or 2021 😂

yeah, I expect them to tour in 2021.

15 minutes ago, James96 said:

Also does anyone have a rough idea on the price of VIP tickets for the entire festival?

These were the prices this year

250 €: From June 6th at 10:00 (CEST) for 48 hours on Redtkt only for holders of the Primavera Sound 2018 VIP full festival ticket
300 €: From June 6th at 10:00 (CEST) for 48 hours only
400 €: From June 8th at 10:00 (CEST)

Although a ton of VIP tickets were on the official marketplace for around 250 that never sold.

• Upvote 1