Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

As for the semi-confirmed list: there are some good names there that I'll more than likely see, but just nothing stands out to me. Maybe I'm turning into one of those people that gets annoyed when Glastonbury doesn't have Oasis, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd headlining =\

I think when you look at who else is touring this summer it becomes clear that Primavera Sound have done pretty well, if rumours are to be believed. For me, the only big headline act that is playing lots of shows in Europe and seemingly PS have missed out on, is Kendrick Lamar

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I think when you look at who else is touring this summer it becomes clear that Primavera Sound have done pretty well, if rumours are to be believed. For me, the only big headline act that is playing lots of shows in Europe and seemingly PS have missed out on, is Kendrick Lamar

Yeah it's not bad, I guess it's just the big acts that aren't blowing me away, but I'm sure there'll be a great undercard too. I've already seen Massive Attack and The National, I'm not that into Tyler or Frank, and I like Lana but I keep hearing she's a very underwhelming performer.

Saying that, when it's 2am and I'm off my tits dancing to Massive Attack, I doubt I'll be thinking "damn, what a shit lineup this is!" 😅

36 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

As for the semi-confirmed list: there are some good names there that I'll more than likely see, but just nothing stands out to me. Maybe I'm turning into one of those people that gets annoyed when Glastonbury doesn't have Oasis, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd headlining =\

You're no Neil Lonsdale, that's for sure. 

Edited by TomViolence

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Saying that, when it's 2am and I'm off my tits dancing to Massive Attack, I doubt I'll be thinking "damn, what a shit lineup this is!" 

Haha exactly this. 

I'm in the same boat where I've seen almost all of the bigger names that appear likely but at least you know they're guaranteed to put on a good set. 

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah it's not bad, I guess it's just the big acts that aren't blowing me away, but I'm sure there'll be a great undercard too. I've already seen Massive Attack and The National, I'm not that into Tyler or Frank, and I like Lana but I keep hearing she's a very underwhelming performer.

Saying that, when it's 2am and I'm off my tits dancing to Massive Attack, I doubt I'll be thinking "damn, what a shit lineup this is!" 😅

I can't remember if you previously answered this or not, but have you attended Primavera before? It really is very true that the best stuff is found away from the main stages. Sure, one or two big acts at Mordor are always very welcome but it's normally elsewhere where most the fun is had.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I remember being very disappointed by the headliners last year.

Outcome: probably my most enjoyable edition of Primavera

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I can't remember if you previously answered this or not, but have you attended Primavera before? It really is very true that the best stuff is found away from the main stages. Sure, one or two big acts at Mordor are always very welcome but it's normally elsewhere where most the fun is had.

Nope, this will be my first time, but I think you're right. I just skimmed through the 2019 lineup and there's at least 50 names there I'd check out; would probably be more if I had gone as I would have done more research.

7 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

And Lana is a bit hit and miss live but recent reviews have been good so let's hope she knocks it out the park. 

I'm seeing her next month so will report back 👍

Where are you seeing her? I'm desperately trying to find tickets but it's a struggle

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So when is everyone's prediction on here of when we'll have the lineup? I'll open the bidding.

- Thursday

Reports saying Gov Ball drops by the end of the week, makes sense with their leaks. I say tomorrow Primavera teases us that the lineup is coming THEN it actually drops on Thursday. Friday is not a good day to get media attention though PS seems to do everything the opposite of what we think.

8 minutes ago, Traci said:

Arcade Fire posting on their Facebook/Instagram again 🤷🏼‍♀️

They're not touring, just promoting 15 years of Funeral. You always gotta keep in mind that AF think of themselves as one of the most important acts in indie (which isn't meant disrispectful, they're just very ambitious and not even wrong about it). They are not (yet) the kind of band that would do a legacy tour of an old album and thereby implicitely aknowledge that fans don't like their more recent stuff. And without a new album, touring makes no sense for an act their size.

Edited by Quadrophobia

6 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

They're not touring, just promoting 15 years of Funeral. You always gotta keep in mind that AF think of themselves as one of the most important acts in indie (which isn't meant disrispectful, they're just very ambitious and not even wrong about it). They are not (yet) the kind of band that would do a legacy tour of an old album and thereby implicitely aknowledge that fans don't like their more recent stuff. And without a new album, touring makes no sense for an act their size.

Surely they’ve done tours without having a new album out before?

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Surely they’ve done tours without having a new album out before?

They have done so, when they were a smaller act. From a certain size on though, production costs in a tour are so high, that you gotta offer something new. F.e. new album, old album anniversary tour or also live return after a long abscence. Otherwise less people will be interested and Festivals might be reluctant to book you.

Would certainly be too late to play a third leg of the Everything Now tour.