Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

4 hours ago, Andrej said:

Wow, someone actually thinks Shakira could play Primavera festival ? Wow, that would be the strangest booking in the history of this, and pretty much any other festival.

Until the last year, I would have thought completely impossible but if they decide to book Miley Cyrus?

33 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Until the last year, I would have thought completely impossible but if they decide to book Miley Cyrus?

to be fair, Miley Cyrus and J. Balvin appeal to younger crowds which is something Gabi talked about a lot, so you can say it somewhat expected... Shakira appeals to...  god only knows who.

having said that, I still think our headliner prediction is optimistic, and we're missing the crappy pop act none of us want and expect

17 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

to be fair, Miley Cyrus and J. Balvin appeal to younger crowds which is something Gabi talked about a lot, so you can say it somewhat expected... Shakira appeals to...  god only knows who.

having said that, I still think our headliner prediction is optimistic, and we're missing the crappy pop act none of us want and expect

I really don't care, if they'd bring a poppy act like Harry Styles, Justin Bieber or smth like that. Would just give me time to have fun round the smaller stages. The worst thing about the headliner predictions for me is that i sorta wanna watch almost all of them and would thus spend long stretches of time at the main stages. And although the Astroturf has imrpoved being there significantly, it is still a parking lot kinda feeling and not the intimacy of the other stages or the fun you can have at BITS

10 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I really don't care, if they'd bring a poppy act like Harry Styles, Justin Bieber or smth like that. Would just give me time to have fun round the smaller stages. The worst thing about the headliner predictions for me is that i sorta wanna watch almost all of them and would thus spend long stretches of time at the main stages. And although the Astroturf has imrpoved being there significantly, it is still a parking lot kinda feeling and not the intimacy of the other stages or the fun you can have at BITS

Could not agree more!

At the end of the day, the only reason to fear a dodgy headliner is for the fans it might bring e.g. Oasis reforming would bring a load of lagered up Brits up for a fight.

I'm sure it will be fine with some young pop act.

The biggest problem at Primavera for me is clashes so I wouldn't want every act of the 200 to be to my taste.

Edited by xxialac

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I;ll shed tears if they 

Could not agree more!

At the end of the day, the only reason to fear a dodgy headliner is for the fans it might bring e.g. Oasis reforming would bring a load of lagered up Brits up for a fight.

I'm sure it will be fine with some young pop act.

The biggest problem at Primavera for me is clashes so I wouldn't want every act of the 200 to be to my taste.

Even more lagered up Brits? 
Speaking of Brits: A friend of mine went to Loyle Carners gig at Primavera last year in an Everton jersey (Loyle Carner is a diehard Liverpool fan). Loyle Carner gave a speech before his last song about how people should support each other and we all need to be loved. And then he pointed at my friend and was like: "Goes for everybody except you!".

Since then i sorta plan on seeing any British working class act in a Man City jersey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't find drunk people acting like twats to be a problem like at major British festivals...but then I don't spend that much time at the main stages.

The biggest problem demographics now are casual festivalgoers - both Spanish and Brits. Way more than there used to be and annoying when they talk through shows.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Dios.. you‘re not from Spain or Latinoamerica, are you? If they‘re bringing in big classic Indie-Acts, they might as well, after last year, do the same with the biggest Latino act of the 00 years who eventually has ties to Barcelona, too.

Anyway it was just another thought. 

3 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

-->the Strokes? 😅

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The people on the Mad Cool forum, with one exception, seem pretty confident that they are getting the Strokes. It does seem a better fit for them this year.

Pretty certain too. The dot seperating the headliners on Friday is exactly where it has to be for The Strokes. If you compare the leaked Haim poster with the most recent one, The Strokes' name ends above the first l of Jamie Cullum and the dot on the recent poster ist between the second l and the u, which is the exact space between the other days headliners and the dot. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Strokes being out would be good news for me, but that still doesn’t stop our current proposed headliners (Frank aside) from looking a little weak/missing a bit of oomph, so hope we’ve got it all wrong in some way and there’s a big/surprising act lined up.

There is gonna be some suprises among the top spots. There has not been any proper speculations about acts like Grace Jones, Slayer or Van Morison (2017), Jane Birkin or Charlotte Gainsbourg (2018) or Cardi B and Erykah Badu (2019). Something like that will surely happen this year too.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

There is gonna be some suprises among the top spots. There has not been any proper speculations about acts like Grace Jones, Slayer or Van Morison (2017), Jane Birkin or Charlotte Gainsbourg (2018) or Cardi B and Erykah Badu (2019). Something like that will surely happen this year too.

Also, FKA twigs for 2019! Prima was the first festival announcing her return, I think.