Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The thing is, it’s binary. If you can’t release in early December, you are then forced to wait until a while into January.

And in this case it seems an artist is insisting on a clause that means they can’t announce until they’re ready.

Perhaps best to reserve judgement until we know who it is. If it’s REM, imagine most would be understanding, if it’s the Venga Boys, less so. 

I'm not even upset about it, but it's still delayed from when they wanted to release in early December. 

I don't mind waiting - it's always worth it - but I think they have exacerbated the frustration with their social media campaigns and the drip feeding so far. 

The radio announcements - ten names per day, no actually four names, no more names - and so on, it has just been a little annoying. It got people's hopes up and then dismissed them immediately. 

I'd nearly have preferred a post in November that said "tickets off sale in January until line up released, line up coming early 2020" instead of the way they've done it this time. 

I'm not really anticipating any massive reunions or shocks when it is announced; just the usual totally stacked line up. 

• Upvote 1

Last year I found out that six months is the ideal period for me to get prepared - to check all the artists, so that I will miss good concerts only because of clashes and not because of being unaware that some act is worth seeing. So every passing day without the line-up I feel a little bit more anxious. Only four months and three weeks left. Am I going to make it in time this year? :)

• Upvote 2

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but clearly some people know about the date and the not this week messages have been quite clear -can't remember the user who posted it rn-. I always expected some kind of tease this week and the announcement around the 20th but I don't know what to think anymore.

Last week a guy posted on the Primavera forum that an acquainted started to work on their social media this very week and suddenly we are getting these memes today. I want to believe they're gearing up towards my previous expectation but if you tell me we are getting absolutely nothing this week, the tease on the 20th and the line up on the 28th I guess I'd believe it too.

1 minute ago, So Sad Simon said:

Realistically, who could the act be that we are waiting for? I emphasise realistically.

Some kind of a reuinion band, perhaps even the aforementioned Portishead? We were promised 5 reunions, and so far we're aware of Pavement and Bikini Kill. Of course they can't announce a band prior to its reunion, that's not how it works.

20 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

Realistically, who could the act be that we are waiting for? I emphasise realistically.

Both Frank Ocean and the Strokes have no EU dates yet, so these are the two obvious suspects

Other than that, there's always the option of the 'out of the blue' reunion, like Portishead that was mentioned above, or Bright Eyes that teased reunion, but I think that at least Portishead is wishful thinking. If you ask me, it frank ocean or the strokes 

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Both Frank Ocean and the Strokes have no EU dates yet, so these are the two obvious suspects

Other than that, there's always the option of the 'out of the blue' reunion, like Portishead that was mentioned above, or Bright Eyes that teased reunion, but I think that at least Portishead is wishful thinking. If you ask me, it frank ocean or the strokes 

The Strokes have always been touted for Mad Cool but I doubt they were keen to pay extra to have them as an exclusive (especially after they already toured last year).

Has just occurred to me that they could play both festivals (like AM did) and this would explain the delay.

18 minutes ago, Orens said:

Some kind of a reuinion band, perhaps even the aforementioned Portishead? We were promised 5 reunions, and so far we're aware of Pavement and Bikini Kill. Of course they can't announce a band prior to its reunion, that's not how it works.

Are we certain Bikini Kill is 1 of the reunion bands? They'll have been playing again for well over a year by the time PS comes around

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The Strokes have always been touted for Mad Cool but I doubt they were keen to pay extra to have them as an exclusive (especially after they already toured last year).

Has just occurred to me that they could play both festivals (like AM did) and this would explain the delay.

You finally refer to is as a delay! we won!

ok, now they can release it :) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I had heard a few months ago that Lizzo would be in Berlin in early June. But the show was postponed because she wants to focus on the american market (Bonnaroo?). She would have played Primavera then for sure. It's quite possible that they will try to book another big pop act.