Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, MatheauWillis said:

Bright Eyes are teasing something on Instagram and it's Fever And Mirrors 20th anniversary. I would honestly punch my own mother in the face to see them. 

I didn't wanna go into this, but now Im worried about your mum. Rather not put your hopes on them for Primavera but employ a little more patience.

9 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

I dreamt about Rihanna being in this lineup and she was the reason why they're still not releasing it. I guess we're all going crazy over the wait. 

ive dreamt with the lineup twice and i check this forum like every 7-12 minutes or so. theres definitely some overreaction on my side. hopefully itll be over next week

• Upvote 1

I think most of the poppier/indie/LGBTQ+ friendly females around at the moment will be booked – Rina Sawayama, Caroline Polachek, Kim Petras, MUNA, etc etc. If the headliners are as male-heavy as they're looking then the festival will be keen to balance out further down the bill.

Edited by jannybruck

14 hours ago, LP_HereForPrimavera said:

Also, cheers for the years of entertainment, rumours and insight troops. Been every year since 2014. Tickets bought this year for Pavement and everything else a bonus but expecting another belter as always. 

I was also in the lineup teaser video with the people reacting a couple years ago...

Was fun to read your reactions to it 😂

Representing Glasgow? 

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They will book a very mainstream pop name. I wouldn’t completely rule Rihanna out despite her cost (although personally think it would be a waste of money).

Is there any reason we have ruled out Taylor Swift? I know she's playing Mad Cool but of course we have shared headliners before.

6 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Is there any reason we have ruled out Taylor Swift? I know she's playing Mad Cool but of course we have shared headliners before.

If she ends up playing this I assume it's because PS """fears""" backlash due to the lack of female headliners. Since she's already playing Mad Cool, I doubt Prima would book her without "having to".

18 minutes ago, LP_HereForPrimavera said:

Ayee, there was lots of free booze involved 

Delightful.  Clocked your username and made the link as I recall someone saying chap from LP had got to see the teaser.   Been over a few times myself. Always a decent showing on the wed flight from Prestwick. Been mentioned once that Sleazys/Stereo would struggle for business if that flight went down. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

Hayley Williams is slowly hyping up new solo music. Any chance of her being on the lineup?

Maybe, but like the poster further up said I'd be surprised if a popular US artist went to do European festivals but not Coachella if they were launching an album campaign.

Edited by jannybruck

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Maybe, but like the poster further up said I'd be surprised if a popular US artist went to do European festivals but not Coachella if they were launching an album campaign.

I'd be surprised, if Primavera would be able to afford Rihanna. There is absolutely no chance of getting Rihanna, Beyonce, Taylor Swift or anyone like that without trimming the rest of the line up down severely. Its not gonna happen.

6 hours ago, MogwaiYT said:

Darn, just noticed Kraftwerk are playing ‘warm up festival’ in Murcia on May 1/2.  Doesn’t rule them out as no “Spain exclusive” like they have on the APE poster. But still makes them less likely than I had thought/hoped. 

Hot Chip is at that same fest as well...