Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don't you think they would have taken the tickets off sale later, if they wanted to launch post the 20th? 

I think ticket sales around January are probably very minimal. Everyone who wants to buy a ticket pre-lineup announcement will have done already, and publicly taking them off sale might persuade some people to get on with grabbing one (it did for me).

If they're required to wait until later in the month for Frank Ocean or whoever else to announce the lineup then I just can't see them losing that many sales in the intervening period.

Glass Animals at Mad Cool hmmm. Still think them and Denzel are a better fit for Prima.

(only saying this because Prima tends to be one the main places bands and artists debut or just play collab singles together, i.e Charli/Christine and the Queens, Rosalia/James Blake, Tyler/A$AP, Tom Misch/Loyle Carner, etc)

Just now, xxialac said:

Well that rules Placebo out for Primavera. Most of the names are unexciting, mind.

Yeah actually looking through and there's not a lot there for me but just knowing that a festival that's happening in Spain a month after Primavera has a large portion of it's lineup already is pretty frustrating. Like everyone else here, I'm just very impatient.

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I know from a reliable source, that My Chemical Romance will be in Europe around Mad Cool. I think its quite likely they will be the second Friday Headliner.

I'll tell my landlord the news. Thanks for the heads up ❤️ 

3 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I'll tell my landlord the news. Thanks for the heads up ❤️ 

Cheers. My Information is about June dates in the UK and subsequent mainland Europe gigs. However I only know about one specific gig on the mainland, so I can't say for sure where or how long the tour is gonna be. The gig I know about is in early July though, so quite close to Mad Cool.

Edited by Quadrophobia

I see Mad Cool as an efficient corporate machine (and yes, I know Primavera is plastered with corporate sponsorship so this is hypocritical in a way) that books the big names with no great thought or attempt to create an identity.

It's not bad but it lacks a soul.

When Johan Johansson died, Primavera didn't cancel his concert as others might have done, but instead they put on a concert with his longstanding friends and colllaborators to pay respect to him  

I go to Primavera, not just because of the incredible lineup and setting lineup, but because it feels like it is a living, breathing thing.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

Cheers. My Information is about June dates in the UK and subsequent mainland Europe gigs. However I only know about one specific gig on the mainland, so I can't say for sure where or how long the tour is gonna be. The gig I know about is in early July though, so quite close to Mad Cool.

Your information is appreciated.

Seems they're going to announce the June 10th UK date soon so will see what follows. If they're playing anywhere near BCN I'll be there in all my 15 year-old merch.

2 minutes ago, puckno said:

I remember back in the days when Primavera sold spanish beer... Those were the days.

Estrella (Barcelona) -> San Miguel (Spain) -> Heineken (Europe). 

A sort of metaphor for globalisation.

That said, none of them is very tasty (although Heineken the absolute worst).

• Upvote 2