TBAs 2019

Tuna

I dont get why they werent given the slot this year? Fair enough stormzy has been all over the media in recent years but foals have a lot more material than him. Not much else they can do imo to warrant a headline slot! Stormzy subbing foals on the Friday wouldve looked strong 

Edited by Tr234

3 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

I dont get why they werent given the slot this year? Fair enough stormzy has been all over the media in recent years but foals have a lot more material than him. Not much else they can do imo to warrant a headline slot! Stormzy subbing foals on the Friday wouldve looked strong 

He's more popular than them. And the last time he played it was brilliant & apparently the last time they played it was ok.

22 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

So has anyone made a list of the tBAs?. One year someone had the list with potential rumours and if they were certain or unlikely etc. 

This thread is to try and do that, crowdsourcing some information, and being a bit haphazard. The person/people running SecretGlasto will make a neater one pretty soon. 

Edited by Tuna

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

This thread is to try and do that, crowdsourcing some information, and being a bit haphazard. The person/people running SecretGlasto will make a neater one pretty soon. 

Yep, GOLD members can edit posts for about 16ish days, which means we're a day or two away from being able to create the thread where we continually edit the first post.

Meanwhile, can anyone compile a list of the current rumours so we can stick it on the post?

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Let’s be honest. Speaking as someone who prefers Foals to Killers personally that isn’t even close to being true.

It is true that they aren't as big as The Killers but I'd argue they are as big as some who have headlined and have more material and if they have a couple of belters lined up for next year giving them the leg up to become big headliners of the future would be a nice move. 

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep, GOLD members can edit posts for about 16ish days, which means we're a day or two away from being able to create the thread where we continually edit the first post.

Meanwhile, can anyone compile a list of the current rumours so we can stick it on the post?

Roughly speaking, some of the bigger ones.

THURSDAY

William's Green: 19:30-20:10, 20:30-21:10 - Pale Waves, The Big Moon, ...

FRIDAY

Crow's nest: Black Midi (time?)
Crow's nest: Sports Team (16:00-16:30)

SATURDAY

Park stage: 11:30-12:10 - ? 
Park stage: 18:15-19:15 - Foals

John Peel tent: 22:30-23:45 - Silk City (based on Diplo disappearing, and Mark Ronson being around) 

Arcadia 02:00-03:00 - ?

SUNDAY

Crow's Nest: Snapped Ankles (~01:00)

Expect a lot of these to crop up on Crows Nest: 
- Sports Team, Fontaines DC, Hot Chip miscellenia, Self Esteem, Squid, Flamingods, Pip Blom, Orielles

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Successfully subbed the pyramid and another successful album this year with part 2 coming out next year, it’s as likely as anyone else out there

I can only see 1 'new' headliner next year with it being the 50th and I have a feeling it'll be The 1975. 

3 minutes ago, WStoner said:

for the 50th anniversary, though?

Any huge acts are likely to be older so they may pick them so they can continue calling themselves contemporary. If Elton John/Fleetwood Mac/ Macca/Madge are some of the possibilities for headliners they could do with an act that's a bit less last century. 

I prefer Foals to the Killers but obviously I’m aware the Killers are by far the bigger band... but to me the Killers are a band who have had their day and Foals are still building towards theirs. Stormzy is very popular but he’s got one fucking album, I think the braver choice would’ve been to have given a band like Foals a shot over a band like the Killers, considering they were happy to give Stormzy a shot.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

John Peel tent: 22:30-23:45 - Silk City (based on Diplo disappearing, and Mark Ronson being around) 

SUNDAY

- Sports Team, Fontaines DC, Hot Chip miscellenia, Self Esteem, Squid, Flamingods, Pip Blom, Orielles

Annie Mac for Arcadia

Edited by Homer

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Why? Many stages to go too. I'm not seeing any Pyramid headliners this year and its one of my favourite years for headliners with the most clashes. 

There’s nothing quite like a fucking great pyramid headline act and for me they’re just not that

1 minute ago, jow95 said:

There’s nothing quite like a fucking great pyramid headline act and for me they’re just not that

While I agree on both statements I don't see foals as a great one. They're a VERY good band, have seen them a few times and want to see them if they're playing the TBA, but their sub slot last time was lackluster 

24 minutes ago, Tuna said:

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Surely Jarv Is must be in the mix somewhere too? That early Park slot maybe?

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It's not especially exciting or imaginative but I reckon Elbow may well be The Park Saturday opener as they are playing in Bristol that night and are 'friends of the festival' No actual intel just a hunch. 

Did a secret set on the Park last festival so this would be pretty uninspiring. Really don't think it'll be anybody quite that big - just maybe a slightly bigger than usual Park opener, if that. I mean, they're getting five minutes less than Black Peaches on the Sunday, so can't be anybody that special, surely?

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Did a secret set on the Park last festival so this would be pretty uninspiring. Really don't think it'll be anybody quite that big - just maybe a slightly bigger than usual Park opener, if that. I mean, they're getting five minutes less than Black Peaches on the Sunday, so can't be anybody that special, surely?

True just odd to me that they'd be so close and not play given how much they love the place and it is the day they play Bristol. 

1 hour ago, jow95 said:

Successfully subbed the pyramid and another successful album this year with part 2 coming out next year, it’s as likely as anyone else out there

34 minutes ago, WStoner said:

for the 50th anniversary, though?

This what I'm thinking. I think they'll headline eventually but it won't be for the 50th. Fingers crossed for the park on saturday though! Just realised if it is them they'll be on before kurt vile who I also wanted to see.

Edited by Madyaker