The Glade

billum

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

He's on at another festival im at this summer (All Together Now) but would be a real highlight to catch with a passionate crowd at The G. The remix of Open Eye Sig is one of the coolest things ive ever heard. Love his album from last year.

It's one of the great remixes. Thoroughly deconstructs the original.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

He's on at another festival im at this summer (All Together Now) but would be a real highlight to catch with a passionate crowd at The G. The remix of Open Eye Sig is one of the coolest things ive ever heard. Love his album from last year.

I was really taken with ‘Fading Love’, I play it pretty regularly, but sort of missed last year’s record. Will rectify this as a matter of urgency

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

He doesn't just play EDM though, it's all kind of weird and wonderful stuff. Bit of Autechre type stuff, krautrock, stuff I don't know the name of. Also to give a shout out to Kavus Torabi, who he DJs with - they usually come as a pair. 

I stand corrected :D

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I was really taken with ‘Fading Love’, I play it pretty regularly, but sort of missed last year’s record. Will rectify this as a matter of urgency

Its a triumph mate. You'll love every minute. 

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

He doesn't just play EDM though, it's all kind of weird and wonderful stuff. Bit of Autechre type stuff, krautrock, stuff I don't know the name of. Also to give a shout out to Kavus Torabi, who he DJs with - they usually come as a pair. 

Did you get in to see him in The Park last year? 

20 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

i struggled, selected a song in this list then opened in spotify then followed!

that worked

Thank you all, weirdly still didn’t come up in searches, and annoyingly when clicking the link it took me to the App Store?!

the above suggestion worked, Friday afternoon sorted 

Find it mad how big house/electronic music has become from my teens to what is now approximating middle age. Its totally sprawling now.

Looked at the Silver Hayes line up when it got released and struggled to get any kind of a grasp of things. Like climbing up plate glass. Kinda felt defeated by it. Glum.

The Glade however is the finest announcement to date. I would love someone with more cop on than I to explain to me why that is - how have they been able to compartmentalize what is still (lets face it) club music into such disparate groups. I'm at a loss how these artists have been divided up... genuinely unsure what the differences are.

Edited by Wooderson

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Out of upvotes, but FUCK YEEEEEAAAHHHH BOOIII!!

Ahem

So overall there's not as much there that's jumping out at me as I've seen in previous years, but will definitely be exploring a bit more.  Obviously the Pistols. Love catching Don Letts, Seth Troxler will be good, plenty worth a look.  Still never tried the Spike Bar, so that's definitely on my list.

I'l be honest, they could announce a bloke just putting my playlists through a laptop at the moment and I'd be fucking buzzing. So excited

Love this reaction @Quark - I’m the same, so hyped

4 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Saw Leftfield DJ set a few weeks ago in Sheffield and had a very fun evening. Seems like a nice guy too, a few of my mates chatted with him afterwards and he hung round to see all of the other DJ’s sets.

He is lovely 

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Find it mad how big house/electronic music has become from my teens to what is now approximating middle age. Its totally sprawling now.

Looked at the Silver Hayes line up when it got released and struggled to get any kind of a grasp of things. Like climbing up plate glass. Kinda felt defeated by it. Glum.

The Glade however is the finest announcement to date. I would love someone with more cop on than I to explain to me why that is - how have they been able to compartmentalize what is still (lets face it) club music into such disparate groups. I'm at a loss how these artists have been divided up... genuinely unsure what the differences are.

The glade is often more "trippy" club music.  (For want of a better term).

Silver Hayes is more Radio One friendly club music. Lots of vocals. 

But Carl Cox disco & Fatboy Slim are exceptions there

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

The glade is often more "trippy" club music.  (For want of a better term).

Silver Hayes is more Radio One friendly club music. Lots of vocals. 

Is that it? As a Dubliner in his early 40's I would have little context here. 

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The Glade was originally set up (IIRC) to try and replicate the experience of being at an illegal rave/free party (hence the woodland setting and minimal staging). Or I may have just assumed that.

So I'd say that the music/vibe in The Glade is like being at some crusty (do people still say that?) free party, whereas Silver Hayes music is more attuned to being in a contemporary nightclub.

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

He is high on my list. Never seen him & like what I have heard. 

He’s possibly the best mixer I’ve seen, Fuzz. The set I saw wasn’t by any means all up my alley, but the sheer skill of selection and sequencing over two hours was sublime. 

Ben

19 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Erm, its probably not just it. But the pop stuff is normally in the silver hayes. The more underground stuff is in the Glade. The Glade is much more of a free party type of vibe. Techno, Psytrance, Dub.

The silver hayes is more of a house & grime set up.

3 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Regarding Spotify playlists. There are DJs on there that you aren't going to get a taste on Spotify to warn you...

Yep, for the big playlist I look at their recent tracklists and only include those who play their own material. Many never play any of the tracks put out in their own names, so there's no point including that material. For a taste of them you want to be looking at Soundcloud, YouTube etc - 1001tracklists and mixesdb are good for links.

I must admit in 2017 I hardly ventured into the SE corner even though it was the only year I've been that its been dry...

Spent most nights at Glade/Arcadia/Engine room...

Lovebullets was a PITA - too much NOS and messy youngsters.