The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

Just now, Homer said:

I've just accepted that it'll be Fatboy Slim/EE for me, as Arcadia makes sense after Other. Annoying as I would have much preferred Carl Cox or Andy C!

Yeah Spaceport for Jon Carter (no idea what he's doing these days) and Leftfield DJ set or FBEE at Arcadia is what I was thinking and maybe a walk up to the park from there depending on my mood.

5 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Yeah Spaceport for Jon Carter (no idea what he's doing these days) and Leftfield DJ set or FBEE at Arcadia is what I was thinking and maybe a walk up to the park from there depending on my mood.

Quite like to see Darren Emerson - but I think the Arcadia experience has to take precedence. Also, am planning to try and keep my powder a bit dry and have a vaguely early night on Sat (Fri and Sun being The Big Ones).

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’ll probably stand to the right of the stage and leave as they start Block Rocking Beats. 

Should be able to get in if we’re quick .

On paper this is a great plan but I just can’t see myself hearing the intro to Block Rockin’ Beats and thinking ‘right let’s get a move on then’.

Probably just end up settling with some of Fat Boy Eats Everything and then head over for HAAI later on - much easier to navigate with a group of gillespie’d people in tow. 

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Quite like to see Darren Emerson - but I think the Arcadia experience has to take precedence. Also, am planning to try and keep my powder a bit dry and have a vaguely early night on Sat (Fri and Sun being The Big Ones).

Only arriving Thursday so had a nice relaxed night in mind, step it up a bit Friday and then all out attack on Saturday and Sunday

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Expecting to get sidetracked on route to Bicep due to keeping group together/SE crowds/having to drag my jaw behind me after Chems, but this is my plan too as it stands. Getting tingles just thinking about how good this Chems set is gonna be.

It's just me and my partner in crime. No silly big groups for us to worry about. Only acceptable distractions are toilets, maybe a G&T and water. I will probably even start edging myself out of the crowd as Block Rocking Beats is playing.

I know Bicep will be rammo, but if I can get a spot and hear it well enough I'll be happy as. 

19 minutes ago, Homer said:

I've just accepted that it'll be Fatboy Slim/EE for me, as Arcadia makes sense after Other. Annoying as I would have much preferred Carl Cox or Andy C!

I liked that idea too, but then saw one of the videos of them playing together and was a little put off.  EE was playing a tune that was not  to my taste whilst FB, (who's in his 50s as am I) was waving a towel about. 

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I liked that idea too, but then saw one of the videos of them playing together and was a little put off.  EE was playing a tune that was not  to my taste whilst FB, (who's in his 50s as am I) was waving a towel about.  

haha I saw that myself and wasn't feeling the tunes particularly either

I'd love to do Bicep but there's no way I'm leaving the Chems early and then I'd worry about not getting in. Fatboy Eats Everything just makes too much sense although I was hoping for a really amazing TBA after (don't get me wrong, I like Annie and she'll play a great set, but it's not the most exciting). 

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Might change my mind on the night, but sacrificing 5-10 mins to get in to SE corner makes sense at the mo. 

Your logic is perfectly sound and if it were anyone else I'd agree. I just know I won't be able to pull myself away, let alone convincing my group to leave. 

51 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Maybe he was seriously considering throwing it in (who could blame him?), then tried to style it out?

33 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

It's not that bad getting into SEC after the Other Stage headliners, have done it a number of times, just get yourself around to the right of the stage, then just got a stomp on towards West Holts. That is admittdely only really possible if you're in a small group.

Any advice on getting somewhere decent after the JP Tent headliner (on Friday night) of all places (and don't say the dance village) much appreciated. Ideally, line-up wise, want to go to The Temple via Carl Cox on Arcadia. The JPT is pretty much the end of the queue though surely...

2 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Are we thinking they'd do the same set as APE?

Or does anyone think they'll do a something a bit special and slightly different for The Farm? 

Be nice if they pulled out the setting sun/out of control splice