The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, mpdow2 said:

anyone at Leeds last night? How was it?

Would love 2 standing tickets to London next Saturday if anyone has spare :)

Yeah I went, absolutely incredible

Visuals have somehow got even better, got to here Private Psychedelic Reel live which was an unexpected treat.

2manyDJs as support was a huge chunk of icing on the cake as well, they smashed it

5 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

It was amazing, glad I saw them last night than at the farm.

How they took the visuals into the 3rd dimension using the lights, expect the next step is too use more animatronics like the robots. 

It was the first time I’d saw them since on the farm in 2011. So so so good, couple of tunes that I would have liked to have been in there though, Out of Control and Believe I think being the main 2. It absolutely blew my socks off. Why they don’t do that (arena tours) regularly and predominantly stick to festivals is beyond me because it’s so good when it’s indoors in the dark. 

Just now, lukethekid said:

It was the first time I’d saw them since on the farm in 2011. So so so good, couple of tunes that I would have liked to have been in there though, Out of Control and Believe I think being the main 2. It absolutely blew my socks off. Why they don’t do that (arena tours) regularly and predominantly stick to festivals is beyond me because it’s so good when it’s indoors in the dark. 

Last time I saw them was just after my dad had died back in 2007, didn't have the best night. Last night sort a few things out for me.

I have to say some of the states of people were amazing.

4 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Last time I saw them was just after my dad had died back in 2007, didn't have the best night. Last night sort a few things out for me.

I have to say some of the states of people were amazing.

I haven’t felt at my freshest today I must say.

The sniffer dog as you were entering had got about 6 people all lined up to be searched when we were entering. It’s nose must have been going like the clappers.

I haven't seen this mentioned already, so apologies if it has already been said, but my Uncle went to this the other week in London: https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/Online/default.asp?BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::permalink=bugspecialchemicalbrothers&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=

He said in the Q and A they seemed to hint/let slip that Chems will be at Latitude next year! Apparently one of the panelists who I think is involved with the Chems videos/lighting was saying that he doesn't go to Glastonbury anymore as it is too far away from home, but he goes to Latitude as it is nearby, and the response was "well that is convenient for next year then" and there was a kind of "not sure what to say to that reaction" by the other panelists and somebody said "whoops we weren't meant to say that" 

That isn't word for word how it happened as I wasn't there, but that is the jist of what he said happened. So just thought I'd share!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Homer said:

I know recency bias and all that... but The Darkness That Your Fear really is top 10 all-time best of Chems isn't it? @Supernintendo Chalmers - did they play it at Latitude?

Yes, I'm pretty sure they did! They managed to seamlessly intertwine various tunes together so many times, it was difficult to know just how many tunes they squeezed in! It really was an incredible set. There were definitely tunes in there I didn't recognise, they could be new or edits of more esoteric tracks. There was one in particular that absolutely banged hard. This is the setlist, apparently:

Untitled.jpg

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure they did! They managed to seamlessly intertwine various tunes together so many times, it was difficult to know just how many tunes they squeezed in! It really was an incredible set. There were definitely tunes in there I didn't recognise, they could be new or edits of more esoteric tracks. There was one in particular that absolutely banged hard. This is the setlist, apparently:

Untitled.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. I remember during 2016 on the Other, when they did the Setting Sun/Out of Control splice, thinking to myself 'I'm not even sure what's going on anymore'. It's proper sensory overload I guess!

Funnily enough, I was only yesterday with the wife about the time they headlined the Other before, she was dragged away halfway through by her friends complaining that 'they don't sound like they do on the records'. She was not impressed!

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

I know exactly what you mean. I remember during 2016 on the Other, when they did the Setting Sun/Out of Control splice, thinking to myself 'I'm not even sure what's going on anymore'. It's proper sensory overload I guess!

Funnily enough, I was only yesterday with the wife about the time they headlined the Other before, she was dragged away halfway through by her friends complaining that 'they don't sound like they do on the records'. She was not impressed!

I'm pretty sure the setlist above is incorrect cos I definitely know they played a killer remix of Wide Open near the end. Euphoric. 

Strange, isn't it? I prefer them live to on wax. Nothing better than hearing a great rework of a tune but I get that some want to hear the radio edit too!

18 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm pretty sure the setlist above is incorrect cos I definitely know they played a killer remix of Wide Open near the end. Euphoric. 

Strange, isn't it? I prefer them live to on wax. Nothing better than hearing a great rework of a tune but I get that some want to hear the radio edit too!

Yeah it’s definitely wrong- they played Elektrobank too. I thought the Darkness that you Fear was earlier too, but that could just be me.

10 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

The Darkness That You Fear sounded incredible live on Saturday! 

Worked so well in an outstanding set. So glad they were playing the first festival back after this Covid bullshit. 

This is great to hear. I know most were a bit no fussed with it when it released but I said it had the feel of one for the live show.

• 1 year later...

Just watched the set back and it has me doubting my memory. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1iE411A71Q/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.2 

It's really pretty dark throughout the set, but we used the interstage cut through to watch half of The Killers then emerge into the middle of the Chems crowd bang on time for the drop of Hey Boy Hey Girl. Thing is, I vividly remember it still being light, maybe 10-15 minutes before the sun dipped below the horizon, however, the video footage doesn't reflect this. 

Does anyone else remember it being light or have pics to corroborate my memory? Googled and couldn't find any. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Thing is, I vividly remember it still being light, maybe 10-15 minutes before the sun dipped below the horizon, however, the video footage doesn't reflect this. 

The killers set also shows that we watched the first half hour where it was quite light but you wouldn’t think so watching it back. 

the cameras must be in night mode or something