2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

If that’s all the info you have doesn’t it seem a little naive to say out right it’s not happening! Nicks not going to let anything slip at this point. He’s not going to turn around and say oh yeah, Paul McCartney is headlining there you go!

the standard thing that happens when talking to efestivals is that they swerve stuff about what might happen, and they're happy to pass on what isn't going to happen in the hope it kills off false speculation.

I can't guarantee Macca isn't on the cards of course, but I'll be hugely hugely surprised if he's really in the running. 

I've not heard either of those Taylor Swift songs posted but have heard a few others. The ones I can name off the top of my head are Blank Space (which I actually quite like) and Shake It Off (which is fucking abysmal).

She's definitely headliner material though, not quite sure how she will set the whole festival on fire but knock yourselves out.

2 hours ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Don’t post a lot on here but always reading the posts! This is my prediction, just wondering what everyone’s opinions on it are:

•Fleetwood Mac

-Noel Gallagher’s HFB

•Taylor Swift 

-Foals

•Paul McCartney 

-Paolo Nutini 

LS -> The Kinks

Paolo is probably too small for that slot, I have him 4th down currently on the pymild (tho I wouldnt be suprised to see him 3rd down too)

Yeah usually Nick and Emily are being honest when they rule someone out. If they dodge the question it usually means more but if someone isn’t playing they will tell you.

Emily has intervened many times to quash rumours etc.

Also re the 1975, Taylor Swift, Elton John - I definitely feel like that’s a balanced lineup which would do well for me. One night at the pyramid for a “must see”.

Perhaps it will be Foals instead of the 1975 but who knows. Also Fleetwood instead of Elton seems a bit strong imo, I don’t know why.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They’ve always had mainstream pop music, it just wasn’t headlining festivals.

Yup. It's the fact that lowest common denominator is now seen as the zenith that's depressing. My first three albums I bought as a nine year old were all pop, then generally you realise that there's so much more. It's like going to the best restaurant in the world and seeing the wine list is just different flavour Fruit Shoots.

25 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Yup. It's the fact that lowest common denominator is now seen as the zenith that's depressing. My first three albums I bought as a nine year old were all pop, then generally you realise that there's so much more. It's like going to the best restaurant in the world and seeing the wine list is just different flavour Fruit Shoots.

Yeah but you’re blaming Fruit Shoots rather than the restaurant or the clientele.

43 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Yup. It's the fact that lowest common denominator is now seen as the zenith that's depressing. My first three albums I bought as a nine year old were all pop, then generally you realise that there's so much more.

It's almost as if there isn't shit rock music, shit hip hop music, shit dance music, shit rap music and so on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I know. I’m just bored.

I think we all are.

Does anyone know if Pilton Party usually gifts info? Other than the acts playing being back next summer, that is.

One thing about summer getting away from us is I’m pretty sure we always have a serious, sorta substantiated rumour before the end of September.

59 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think we all are.

Does anyone know if Pilton Party usually gifts info? Other than the acts playing being back next summer, that is.

One thing about summer getting away from us is I’m pretty sure we always have a serious, sorta substantiated rumour before the end of September.

Yeah it was around this time last year we first heard about The Cure and @Gucci Piggy started sliding into people's DM's wasn't it? We could do with something like that to distract us before ticket day.

9 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

I can't see a better closer for 2020 than Macca and wouldn't be surprised if they asked him this year while touring if he was up for it.

i'm pretty sure he'd agreed to do it in 2019 and then dropped out (and replaced by the Killers). It certainly fits with what Emily has said.

And i'm also pretty sure that at the point he dropped out it became clear that 2020 wasn't a possibility either.