2020 headliners

jj200

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

*just running in here to suggest but not actually predict*

New Adele album coming in November. 

Secret set for the 50th anniversary? Join another act on stage? Headline again after a 4 year break?

nah, she'll be too busy getting hooked up with someone, cos she'll need a split to write her following album. :P 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Oh ffs. Not starting up with the Macca hype again.

Was he specifically referring to next year, or could he just be talking about doing it again at some point?

@eFestivals thoughts Neil?

Would think if it’s being mentioned again it’s for next year. Without being too bleak he’s 77 now...

Obviously Neil had heard next year was a non-starter but maybe things have changed?

If (and we have a lot to suggest he isn’t) Macca is in, then surely that means both Fleetwood and probably Elton aren’t in the running either? I can’t imagine Macca and Fleetwood or Macca and Elton playing the same festival.

Be careful what ya wish for folks.

However...

the 1975 or Foals, Macca, Swift

would be a wonderful trio.

Despite what Macca has said, surely the headliners, and indeed much of the line-up are already contractually locked in. And he must know how long before an event these kind of negotiations start. This whole 'it's starting to feel like a remote possibility' thing is just nonsense, as if he might just decide that he's up for it, and the whole festival will just make room for him.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

If (and we have a lot to suggest he isn’t) Macca is in, then surely that means both Fleetwood and probably Elton aren’t in the running either? I can’t imagine Macca and Fleetwood or Macca and Elton playing the same festival.

Be careful what ya wish for folks.

However...

the 1975 or Foals, Macca, Swift

would be a wonderful trio.

I can’t see them turning either away because they have the other signed up. Maybe Foals are pencilled in Macca subs for when he does his umming and ahhing?

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Despite what Macca has said, surely the headliners, and indeed much of the line-up are already contractually locked in. And he must know how long before an event these kind of negotiations start. This whole 'it's starting to feel like a remote possibility' thing is just nonsense, as if he might just decide that he's up for it, and the whole festival will just make room for him.

Whilst what he said is probably nonsense, the headliners aren't usually all locked in by this stage so it's entirely possible.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Happily wishing for Macca at the expense of those two.

I’d prefer Reg myself. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love Macca and a headline set on the 50th anniversary would be special... but I’ve seen him do Glasto. Next year might be the last opportunity to get Reg on the farm. He’s got the tunes and the gravitas to produce something truly special. 

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Macca would be well better than Fleetwood Mac or Elton. 

Sometimes I think people forget he was in  T h e  B e a t l e s

I've had this debate before with others on here, their argument was that they had already seen him when he last did it or they weren't fans of his or The Beatles. 

My point back was that Not a lot of people going these days would have seen that show (they have other repeat headliners back earlier than this) and he still has a huge back catalogue to please most lightweight Beatles fans never mind the strong ones.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d prefer Reg myself. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love Macca and a headline set on the 50th anniversary would be special... but I’ve seen him do Glasto. Next year might be the last opportunity to get Reg on the farm. He’s got the tunes and the gravitas to produce something truly special. 

This is my opinion also. Lot of love for Macca but for me Reg would be the first name on the list. 

8 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I've had this debate before with others on here, their argument was that they had already seen him when he last did it or they weren't fans of his or The Beatles. 

My point back was that Not a lot of people going these days would have seen that show (they have other repeat headliners back earlier than this) and he still has a huge back catalogue to please most lightweight Beatles fans never mind the strong ones.

I saw Macca last Christmas and he was phenomenal. 

19 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Despite what Macca has said, surely the headliners, and indeed much of the line-up are already contractually locked in

nah.

based on what seems to have happened in previous years, i'd guess that maybe one headliner is signed and sealed, and another has said they'll do it - but which might fall apart still, while a 3rd is still dithering about the offer they have.

Then there'll perhaps be some of the other bigger acts sorted, but most particularly those with a lead-in of some sort from this year - (I'm guessing) such as Foals, and any who said "can't do 2019 but would love to do 2020".