Keith Flint (Prodigy)

shuttlep

I was fortunate to get to see them 3x and all fantastic performances gutted they were booked and I won't get to see them again .. dont care who they would have been up against I would have been there ... lets hope for some recognition at the festival this year 

Absolutely gutting. The best live act I’ve ever seen and like many I always thought I’d get to see them again. Experience, MFTJG and FOTL absolutely shaped my childhood. Remember when Fat Of The Land came out and couldn’t get over how massive it was and felt chuffed for them at time. 

15 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Remember when Fat Of The Land came out and couldn’t get over how massive it was and felt chuffed for them at time. 

I remember the first time seeing the Firestarter video on tv at my Mum's friends house, and I was totally blown away. I was 11 and my Mum looked slightly disapprovingly about my interest. Finally got to see them in Milton Keynes 13 years later, by which time I'd built so many amazing memories around their tunes, and they more than lived up to my expectations - I think I left that gig with a sprained ankle but it was totally worth it. I've been always hoping to see their name on Glastonbury posters as headlining The Other, but so grateful for getting to see them in Autumn last year.

What a guy. What a band. RIP xx

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I'd be surprised if we ever see the Prodigy again.  I don't see how we could, tbh.

Yeah we have no way of knowing how the band will deal with it or what frame of mind they will be in. Im not going to lie though I hope they do something....  if they turned in one performance as a tribute to him it would have the biggest crowd of the whole weekend. 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I remember the first time seeing the Firestarter video on tv at my Mum's friends house, and I was totally blown away. I was 11 and my Mum looked slightly disapprovingly about my interest. Finally got to see them in Milton Keynes 13 years later, by which time I'd built so many amazing memories around their tunes, and they more than lived up to my expectations - I think I left that gig with a sprained ankle but it was totally worth it. I've been always hoping to see their name on Glastonbury posters as headlining The Other, but so grateful for getting to see them in Autumn last year.

What a guy. What a band. RIP xx

Was that the one with Pendulum supporting? At the Bowl?

One of my favourite gigs of all time. 

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Was that the one with Pendulum supporting? At the Bowl?

One of my favourite gigs of all time. 

Yes - Chase and Status and Enter Shikari too and perfect weather. An absolute blinder of a day

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1

It would be a lot to ask of the band to do anything. They need time and space to grieve. That's what matters now, really.

I do hope however and am sure that Glasto will do something as a tribute. The Pyramid headline set on the big screens would be fitting but let's leave that for another day.

Edited by jyoung

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can't see The Prodigy playing or even really carrying on without him tbh. I hope there is some kind of tribute at the farm. God it's so sad. I feel really shaken by it.

The spider or something related with the prodigy may appear on the top of the pyramid like the Bowie tribute...

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

It would be a lot to ask of the band to do anything. They need time and space to grieve. That's what matters now, really.

I do hope however and am sure that Glasto will do something as a tribute. The Pyramid headline set on the big screens springs would be fitting but let's leave that for another day.

Id love to see some of the bands do some cover version... and im sure EE will throw a load of tributes to him and Prodigy around the site. They were/are iconic. 

I'm absolutely gutted, for me, he was the face of the 90's. So glad I got to see them countless times, most recently at Ally Pally in November.

The 1st album I ever  brought was "experience". Music for the Jilted Generation was a complete game changer for dance music.
The energy of the crowd he/they whipped up was incredible.
The Prodigy - The pioneers of dance music
RIP

Edited by lendan