Keith Flint (Prodigy)

shuttlep

2 minutes ago, Tiesto FTW said:

I'd love The Chems to replace their slot, they are down Cornwall on the Friday after all. So sad and would have been my band of the festival.

I'm seeing them in Lisbon, hoping they throw a prodigy track into the mix as a tribute.

1 hour ago, Tiesto FTW said:

I'd love The Chems to replace their slot, as a perfect tribute and only band who could do The Prodigy justice. they are down Cornwall on the Friday after all. So sad and would have been my band of the festival to see.

I was thinking that there might be a chance this could happen as I was hoping they wouldnt just bump any old band up and Chems would be an ideal replacement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aren't the Chems playing anyway though?

They haven't been mentioned yet, and I think a lot of people feel they might be playing the 50th year. I really hope they are playing though, but whoever fills the Prodigy slot, I for one will be there to hear it.

Just now, Tiesto FTW said:

They haven't been mentioned yet, and I think a lot of people feel they might be playing the 50th year. I really hope they are playing though, but whoever fills the Prodigy slot, I for one will be there to hear it.

I thought the consensus was they're nailed on for this year.

3 minutes ago, Tiesto FTW said:

Well they have, they just haven't been confirmed. Reading between the lines and their other dates I think its pretty much a given that they will be one of the Other headliners. Not to mention the fact that they said themselves that they were playing a festival that hadn't been announced yet 

1 minute ago, Tiesto FTW said:

In terms of non-Pyramid headliners, they're probably been mentioned more than anyone else and they're featuring in just about everyone's predictions. Several reasons to believe they're there but the knowledge we now have the Prodigy were booked does make it a little less likely that Chems also were (due to variation amongst Other Stage headliners). If they weren't though and there's no tribute/Prodigy remaining members in that slot, Chems do seem likely to fill in anyway. Either way, very likely Chem Bros are playing 2019.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I thought the consensus was they're nailed on for this year.

I'm not certain, but I think that's mostly based on a combination of their tour dates fitting, their connection to the festival (being managed by Emily's husband), and the fact that they headlined the other stage in 2015/2011/2007 and so this year would fit the every 4 year cycle.

So a lot of circumstantial reasons to think they may be playing, but no specific rumour.

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

In terms of non-Pyramid headliners, they're probably been mentioned more than anyone else and they're featuring in just about everyone's predictions. Several reasons to believe they're there but the knowledge we now have the Prodigy were booked does make it a little less likely that Chems also were (due to variation amongst Other Stage headliners). If they weren't though and there's no tribute/Prodigy remaining members in that slot, Chems do seem likely to fill in anyway. Either way, very likely Chem Bros are playing 2019.

To be honest I thought that Eden Prioject date made them nailed on.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

To be honest I thought that Eden Prioject date made them nailed on.

Yeah I've said a couple of times that I'd be shocked if they don't play given that date and the "place that hasn't been on for a while" comment. The fact they booked Prodigy only makes it a little less likely for me but I still think they're playing and headlining the Other (on the Sunday). If that Foals thing (in Foals thread) turns out to be true though (I'm not sure), we might need to re-assess.

edit - Foals thing sounds like nothing. As you were.

Edited by The Martini Police

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Seems he has split from his wife last week and was putting the house up for sale. 

Here he is running his PB in a 5k on Saturday morning.

:(

10592214-6768751-image-m-21_155177769131

Thats utterly heart breaking. Only love can break your heart.

He said in an interview years ago that he would kill himself rather than suffer. Seems he was true to his word ?

35 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Seems he has split from his wife last week and was putting the house up for sale. 

Here he is running his PB in a 5k on Saturday morning.

:(

10592214-6768751-image-m-21_155177769131

Sad stuff. Its a shame a lot of people cant grind through things like this cause whilst its horrible it does get better after a few months and you start to readjust your life. 

Grief does mad stuff to people though and makes it hard to think straight, throw in depression and stuff and it ends up too much for too many. 

Super sad, guy still had a lot to give and who knows, getting back out on the road and seeing how his music effects so many people positively might have helped ease the pain. Then again, the road can be lonely so may have made it worse. 

Its a shitty thing that happened and it seems to happen a lot, especially in music. 

In an interview with FHM magazine in 2015, Flint said he 'wasn't saving up for anything' and was 'cashing it all now'.
In his trademark outspoken way, he added: 'I've always had this thing inside me that, when I'm done, I'll kill myself. I swear to God that's not suicidal – it's definitely a positive thing. The moment I start sh***ing the bed is when you'll see me on the front of a bus.'
He also said: 'I'm not frightened of who I am; I just want to look back and know that I've lived what I consider a fulfilled life. That's all. Happy days.'

Tried to find which publication this was in but couldn't, posting it anyway because it's probably my favourite quote of Keith's from yesterday:

“ My school results were terrible and I don't know how to wallpaper or do anything else.

"Without The Prodigy ... this job, I could be making lives a little more miserable for everyone by being the nasty one on the counter at a McDonald's somewhere.

"Think about it “

1 hour ago, donshakey said:

In an interview with FHM magazine in 2015, Flint said he 'wasn't saving up for anything' and was 'cashing it all now'.
In his trademark outspoken way, he added: 'I've always had this thing inside me that, when I'm done, I'll kill myself. I swear to God that's not suicidal – it's definitely a positive thing. The moment I start sh***ing the bed is when you'll see me on the front of a bus.'
He also said: 'I'm not frightened of who I am; I just want to look back and know that I've lived what I consider a fulfilled life. That's all. Happy days.'

Its a weird outlook to have but I can sort of respect it. I guess most people think like that when they are young but then as you get older you get more responsibilities and things you wanna live longer for. 

I can kind of eespect it in a way because Ive been to the hospital everyday for four months before Xmas on the vcancer ward and it is seriously depressing.

I dunno how bad it is for those suffering who have to rely on others to just do menial tasks like eating and using the loo, embarassing as well Id guess so I can see why people would want to avoid it but then you have to look through it and the good times you can have. 

Ultimately there isnt enough time to do everything in this world for any one person so theres always gonna something to strive for or aim to do and Keith was fortunate to have a job which would open him up a lot more to do more wonderful things many of us could only dream of. 

Still though, thats the problem with mental health aint it, you cant see clearly or think rationally, you pulled into a dark cloud where you can only see the gloom. Plus side is he did have a great life, played amazing music with his mates and travelled the world performing to adoring fans, had his own bars, lived rock n roll but at 49 theres just so much more left to do. ?

On 3/4/2019 at 1:54 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Loudest gig I've ever been at was Prodigy at the old Academy in Birmingham about 15 years ago. 3,000 capacity venue and they turned up with their own sound system that was designed for outdoor festivals. The building physically shook that night and apparently you could hear it half a mile down the road.

Ears were ringing for days after that one.

Think that must be same gig I was at in 2005 - opened with Wake Up Call and then straight in to Their Law. Remember the crowd was one of the maddest I’ve been in and the noise was insane!