TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

12 minutes ago, uscore said:

seems a bit pointless to make you use registrations when the registration is open anyway.

it's all about the tickets, I think.

Previously we've been asked to get reg numbers, and the close date for the competition has been fairly early in May, and the winners got standard tickets with their photo printed on.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the tickets this year will have photos on them - but there's other requirements & conditions to stop the tickets getting touted.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the tickets this year will have photos on them - but there's other requirements & conditions to stop the tickets getting touted.

Sounds interesting? Scanned on entrance which shows pic of face, and larger?

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's all about the tickets, I think.

Previously we've been asked to get reg numbers, and the close date for the competition has been fairly early in May, and the winners got standard tickets with their photo printed on.

The  tickets I won through this wonderful forum 23 May 2016 didn't have photos, just a sticker with our name and address despite providing registration numbers when we won. We had to provide photo ID on the gate each time we entered or left the site as we were in the CV fields. :)

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

First I've seen of it, nice one crazyfool.

Been doing the Guardian every day. It's a right old faff every single time, but I've been getting the 15p off so I assume it's going through okay, but who knows. I'm happy that it is such a pain in the arse though, surely only the desperate are bothering so hopefully not too many in the pot.

I'm seriously considering the Stonebridge DJ one as well, but it's £20 to enter and I've never DJ'd in front of a crowd, only messing around at home and recording them for when me and my friends have parties. Having said that I'd have spent more than that on Guardians by the time I've finished!

1 hour ago, mazola said:

First I've seen of it, nice one crazyfool.

Been doing the Guardian every day. It's a right old faff every single time, but I've been getting the 15p off so I assume it's going through okay, but who knows. I'm happy that it is such a pain in the arse though, surely only the desperate are bothering so hopefully not too many in the pot.

I'm seriously considering the Stonebridge DJ one as well, but it's £20 to enter and I've never DJ'd in front of a crowd, only messing around at home and recording them for when me and my friends have parties. Having said that I'd have spent more than that on Guardians by the time I've finished!

DO IT!

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It was posted on this thread a while back. It may be worth your while looking through the whole thread, as maybe you've missed another one or two. Just trying to be helpful. :)

Cheers, think I've got them all covered though, done the National Express, Water Aid & GWR.

14 minutes ago, Levitz said:

DO IT!

I've had the decks out tonight having a little practice ?

I can't see I'm the type they're after though, I'm 47 with pretty much zero social media presence!

Plus my mixes are done on a crappy mix-track pro, basically a step up from a fisher-price set of decks!

I'm guessing the winner will be using decks that are already set up and would just need to bring a usb with their tunes on, I don't know how it all works.

Edited by mazola

11 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

The  tickets I won through this wonderful forum 23 May 2016 didn't have photos, just a sticker with our name and address despite providing registration numbers when we won. We had to provide photo ID on the gate each time we entered or left the site as we were in the CV fields. :)

I wasn't aware that's how it was for you. They were given your reg number that year.

Overnight they've got back to me and said it'll work exactly like that for this year's winners.

50 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I wasn't aware that's how it was for you. They were given your reg number that year.

Overnight they've got back to me and said it'll work exactly like that for this year's winners.

Worked the same way when I won the water aid competition 

7 hours ago, mazola said:

I've had the decks out tonight having a little practice ?

I can't see I'm the type they're after though, I'm 47 with pretty much zero social media presence!

Plus my mixes are done on a crappy mix-track pro, basically a step up from a fisher-price set of decks!

I'm guessing the winner will be using decks that are already set up and would just need to bring a usb with their tunes on, I don't know how it all works.

They may be after just that, a bit of a break from the norm maybe. I think you should go for it.

Just now, morph100 said:

Worked the same way when I won the water aid competition 

The year StoneCircle won she was the 3rd or 4th attempt we made at drawing a valid winner (can't remember what the issues were now), so that probably caused a delay that made it miss the main ticket print.

It's all about the close date, I think, for whether the tickets can have a photo printed on them.

14 hours ago, Mardy said:

The Social are doing a dj competition, tickets plus a slot playing at the Stonebridge bar but it’s 20quid to enter. Dunno if it’s of interest to anyone here

As said, probably just as much chance once you've paid £30 with the faff of the guardian