TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

12 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Thought it was one per purchase 

From T&Cs

5. Maximum one entry per person per day. Each purchase of a copy of the Guardian or the Observer, using the voucher registered online, provides the purchaser with a ballot into the prize draw. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your prize draw entry to us. The winners shall be the owners of the email address or mobile number from which the selected winning entries are sent.

2 hours ago, Levitz said:

From T&Cs

5. Maximum one entry per person per day. Each purchase of a copy of the Guardian or the Observer, using the voucher registered online, provides the purchaser with a ballot into the prize draw. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your prize draw entry to us. The winners shall be the owners of the email address or mobile number from which the selected winning entries are sent.

How would they know who owns the phone though? 

57 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Does it not ask for your details when you register for the barcode? 

The only details I've put in is my phone number - no name or email attached to it

Edit: Scrap that - I've just looked and there is a name and email. 

Edited by Gibbons
chatting shit

7 hours ago, Cooter said:

I've been driving all over the South East today and managed to stop and get scanned at several shops.

Since found out that all scans above my first one today were invalid, great, that'll teach me! So yes, it's one a day.

Edited by Cooter

13 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Since found out that all scans above my first one today were invalid, great, that'll teach me! So yes, it's one a day.

Have you been able check this?

I am so paranoid about mine not going through hahaha

8 hours ago, franathy said:

You don't have to stick to the shops on the list, as long as they've got a Paypoint machine etc they should be able to do it. I went to a Co Op not on the list today and it was fine. 

Well that’s a result at least. I was going to ask that question, after finding another non-starter from the Guardian list (had the papers but no pay point) I noticed one of it’s neighbours had a paypoint. They’d sold out of the Guardian  but it did beg the question of whether it would count if it was listed as one of the participating retailers. 

Still, I’m suitably reassured that if everybody else has had the same kind of trouble I’ve had there should be around a 1 in 5 chance of winning. 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Incredible ...:) 

Destiny. The most incredible night. Was feeling despondent with resale and the nice but ultimately fruitless trip to Barcelona. Tonight I’m all booked for Madrid and winning tix to Glastonbury. I am Divock Origi!

Edited by Levitz
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Levitz said:

Destiny. The most incredible night. Was feeling despondent with resale and the nice but ultimately fruitless trip to Barcelona. Tonight I’m all booked for Madrid and winning tix to Glastonbury. I am Divock Origi!

So you've won tickets?

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

So you've won tickets?

No, just feel like I might. Bookies gave us 6% chance if use going through last night I’m riding that wave ?. I also might’ve imbibed a little......

Edited by Levitz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Newsagent near work today, for the first time as I explained what I needed the cashier to do he said 'I know, a girl came in yesterday and said she would come in every day'. So which one of you is using Victoria News on Victoria Street? ?

1 hour ago, Levitz said:

Newsagent near work today, for the first time as I explained what I needed the cashier to do he said 'I know, a girl came in yesterday and said she would come in every day'. So which one of you is using Victoria News on Victoria Street? ?

If they're not here then I'm going to be worried ? Been to a few different shops over the days and still not found one who's done it for anyone else.

Question on this Guardian competition. As a few have mentioned they scan our barcodes before the actual paper, which I guess enters us into the draw each time.

Is there any way that entry could be invalidated if it isn’t followed by a purchase of The Guardian?

I’ve been buying the paper each day but it would certainly a lot cheaper if you didn’t have to...(or just had to buy SOMETHING)