No More Lost Horizon Sauna & Solar Stage

Dukeicon

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Someone check on @sime

I was just thinking I knew there was a user on here who flew the flag for these folks.

Hopefully the festival will step in and help them if they can?

I've never been to the place but seems much loved and part of the fabric of the festival.

That's a real shame if they're missing next year. It's not part of the festival that I venture to but I've always seen it as an important part of the festival. To be honest, I didn't even realise it was run as a separate venture; I thought it was as much a part of Glastonbury as the Pyramid stage and the Green Fields.

Hopefully the Eavii can underwrite it this year or they can raise funds through crowdsourcing. Will be quite a decent sized area in quite a good location going 'spare' if they're missing.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Here's a reason that getting an alternative site up and running on the fallow years would help the people who make the festival.

it's just not a viable idea, really. If the 'alternative' festival works in the fallow year, there's no reason not to run it all years.

Which then causes the opposite problem, of some smaller organisations being over-stretched.

17 minutes ago, Keithy said:

To be honest, I didn't even realise it was run as a separate venture; I thought it was as much a part of Glastonbury as the Pyramid stage and the Green Fields.

Most of the festival, to one degree or another, is run as a separate venture.

The Green Fields is a great example of this - almost all of the component parts are operated by small groups independent of the festival, and so are likely (or at least able) to pop up at various events around the country, with the deal at Glastonbury being that the various stages get given X amount of wristbands and the right to run a cafe or something in exchange for their presence. And often, they'll use the kudos of being part of Glastonbury to get a better (paying) deal elsewhere.

Edited by incident

As a long time follower, lover and user of LH, this funding issue comes up a lot. If they can’t fund their truck then they give up the change of getting on site or get funding from GFL.

It’s a gamble for them every year as they can make a profit if the weather is hot, but a loss on a wet one. 2016 mud bath with hardly anyone there, 2017 packed all day every day.

However if LH decide that they can’t get on site for 2019 then there are several alternative companies that (if available) would be able to take their space. 

I therefore fully hope LH are there asi consider them the best company doing this..... but if not, an outdoor shower / sauna garden would still be there I expect. 

Lost Horizons is always (weather permitting) very popular in my experience. I have many happy memories spending all day Thursday up there nude, feeling free, dancing to bands and dj's, having a sauna, sunbathing, taking part in the yoga sessions and just totally relaxing...!

I have helped them out with their washing up and things and made some friends there too. I will be keeping an eye out on any crowdsourcing that they do and am hoping for the best for them.