Resale Club 2019

McCor

5 hours ago, Padgey said:

There are only 2 threads I can bring myself to view at the moment, this one and the Competitions one.  All the others are pointless until I've got a ticket!

Is right. I’ve ventured into a few and had to back out as I started getting excited about how close the festival is getting then remembering I’m ticketless :lol:

Resale Club, Competitions and General Chat only going forward I think!

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm the same! Its awful isn't it!! I'm missing all the build up ?

Yes, seems to be the unwritten law, I'm also the same, clicking on other threads has just seemed pointless the last few months,this state of limbo is horrible.

On 4/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, Peter_Quaife said:

Re Revolut cards, I was 99% sure it would be fine, but got an email from See tix today saying it's fine.Just didn't want to leave anything at all to chance

You should check with Revolut too, I've had them block my attempts to use the card on some sites, mostly to buy bitcoin I think but you should ask them.

31 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

You should check with Revolut too, I've had them block my attempts to use the card on some sites, mostly to buy bitcoin I think but you should ask them.

Good call. Revolut replied with the following... 

I can say that if the merchant is accepting pre-paid cards and payments without 3D secure system, the payments should go through without any problem

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

It’s all good , 

mrs Big Durbs has left a long list of “chores” for me to tackle over the weekend  , starting with a lawn mower , and ending with a ironing board, there might be a small involvement of thatchers gold while I work ! All while she just puts two 12 shifts in at the hospital saving life’s ect #proud husband 

Know the feeling all too well Big Durbs. Mrs Lycra left me similar list when she departed 6:15am for her 12hr shift in critical care. Will be resuscitating her with cider and red wine when she's gets in 8:15pm ish

Edited by Lycra
  • Upvote 1

Huge respect for anyone who works for the NHS especially those on the frontline day in day out.

On the subject of the other half leaving you odd jobs to do. A piece of advice. Do not own a toolkit and just be generally crap at DIY, as I am. That way you’ll rarely, if ever, get asked to do anything around the house ?

You’re welcome... 

The resale, in my opinion, should be open to all those who registered in time for the original sale. The majority of whom will inevitably miss out.

if people are that set on going to the farm they will surely be keen to register in time for the initial sale knowing full well they’ll get another go 6 months later if they miss out first time of asking.

Allowing those who aren’t really that keen ( clearly not that keen or they’d have registered in time for the main sale)  to register at such a late stage gives the people who took the time to register in the first place less of a chance of nabbing a ticket. 

In short. The people who could be bothered to register initially get a fair(er) shot at the prize.

35 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

The resale, in my opinion, should be open to all those who registered in time for the original sale. The majority of whom will inevitably miss out.

if people are that set on going to the farm they will surely be keen to register in time for the initial sale knowing full well they’ll get another go 6 months later if they miss out first time of asking.

Allowing those who aren’t really that keen ( clearly not that keen or they’d have registered in time for the main sale)  to register at such a late stage gives the people who took the time to register in the first place less of a chance of nabbing a ticket. 

In short. The people who could be bothered to register initially get a fair(er) shot at the prize.

Even if people agreed with that (and I don't think many would when they don't have a vested interest), you'd create a situation that was either unfair to some of the people you're trying to benefit, or was a nightmare to administrate.

People may have tried to register in October but had the photo rejected and no time to resubmit.

People may have tried to update their photo but not realised that it didn't go through until sale day.

People may have lost access to their E-Mail account and so need to create a new registration.

People may been registered by their Ex, and have now split up and so need to create their own registration.

None of those are theoretical by the way, I've seen all 4 this year alone and there would doubtless be other situations I've not thought of.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Yup , I normally have kettle boiled ready for a nice cup of tea , and a nice deep hot bath run ready , Mrs works in surgical recovery.

god they work them hard though , she’s normally shattered by the time she gets home ?

Yep, only the families of those working frontline in the NHS understand. Permanently understaffed and stressed. Mrs Lycra had 2 glasses of wine and no food. Now in bed. Only lost 1 patient today and he was old....so it's not been such a bad day. The worst is when it's young people who die....just like the kids who should be enjoying their first Glasto.........she had 3 die on her during one shift and she was in bits when she got home.....

Why am I telling you this......Because it makes me so angry how bad the people who make a difference are so badly treated and paid...they're endeavours recognised in patronising condescending platitudes by politicians and near-do-wells.....and those who sit on their arses and just thinking they've done a hard day's work whilst earning mega bucks......It's also why I want to get tickets to take Mrs Lycra back to Glastonbury......The joy it gives to her when she's there is my reward.....Bring on the resale!

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Yep, only the families of those working frontline in the NHS understand. Permanently understaffed and stressed. Mrs Lycra had 2 glasses of wine and no food. Now in bed. Only lost 1 patient today and he was old....so it's not been such a bad day. The worst is when it's young people who die....just like the kids who should be enjoying their first Glasto.........she had 3 die on her during one shift and she was in bits when she got home.....

Why am I telling you this......Because it makes me so angry how bad the people who make a difference are so badly treated and paid...they're endeavours recognised in patronising condescending platitudes by politicians and near-do-wells.....and those who sit on their arses and just thinking they've done a hard day's work whilst earning mega bucks......It's also why I want to get tickets to take Mrs Lycra back to Glastonbury......The joy it gives to her when she's there is my reward.....Bring on the resale!

Couldn't agree more. I don't work front line but support from a tech point of view in a much smaller, behind the scenes kind of way. Total and complete admiration for those who do. Heroes

19 hours ago, andyb66 said:

So people can’t change their mind about something in a 6 month period? 

The whole reason the re-sale is happening and you’re getting a second crack at buying a ticket, is because people changed their mind from when they initially bought a ticket last October and decided not to go.

Surely it should be OK for people to change their mind the other way and decide that they do want to go? 

Or is it that not OK because it doesn’t favour you? 

Thanks for all the NHS love, and great to hear of lovely men looking after their battle weary partners after a long shift. Mr W was equally kind to me after a gruelling day in a&e for me - big gin and tonic waiting for me on arrival home. 

Resales unite - we will be there, we have to be as we’ve arranged the Resalers meet up now!