My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

1 minute ago, Dangertappy said:

What is a bicycle pre sale? 

I THINK: many years ago they piloted a cycle scheme. those who did it were offered tickets in a pre-sale the following year. 

now the cycling scheme is fully functional. They have drop points and will carry your tents/bags for you.  But you have the get the tickets the old fashioned way! 

http://www.biketoglasto.co.uk/

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So once we've got tickets, what's the next thing to worry about? I swear i'm close to having a breakdown tbh 

Absolutely nothing. You've managed to successfully complete both 2018 and 2019 in 1 ticket transaction.

*Though you will worry endlessly until that glorious confirmation email comes through...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dangertappy said:

What is a bicycle pre sale? 

Those who have cycled to the festival before, and have been registered as such, may get the chance to be in this mini pre-sale. It is very restricted. A friend in our group qualified one year. Getting his ticket was straightforward. They receive a personal email invitation to apply for a ticket.

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So once we've got tickets, what's the next thing to worry about? I swear i'm close to having a breakdown tbh 

Start panicking about the 2020 ticket release next year as it will only be 365 days away 

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The tradition, inevitably repeated, is a huge stress out at these points:

1. Getting properly registered (Worse this year with the new photo rules)

2. Getting a ticket in October (By far the worst part)

3. Getting a confirmation email

4. Getting a CV ticket, Worthy View, Tepee, etc (For some)

5. Stressing about the line-up

6. Applying for tickets in the April resale

7. Applying for the handful of secret sales

8. Worrying about where to camp

9. Endless fretting about the final line-up

10. When the final line-up is announced, worrying about the inevitable band clashes

11. Stressing about the long range weather forecast

12. Hyperventilating about the short term forecast and potential rain or heat levels predicted

13. Waiting for the tickets to arrive

14. Fretting as you're stuck in traffic jams

15. Queuing with weighty bags to get in quickly

16. Fighting for the camping location you've chosen

....apart from that it's all fantastic!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, karaseen said:

There are loads and it depends on your browser. I use this for chrome. Just make sure your shortcut is unique and something you normally wouldn't type.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-text-expander-for-go/iibninhmiggehlcdolcilmhacighjamp?hl=en

I have a question on this - just tried it and only some of them seem to work... but oddly it seems to change which ones want to work and which ones don't?

I've tried GR1-5 and PC1-5 as well as the persons initials with 1 or 2 after (1 for reg number and 2 for postcode).

Any idea why it would do this?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yikes. Any theory as to why not...?

As I remember, I think it was a bumper year for people not going through with a second refund after the resale, and I think there was a rumour that the left over extra tickets just went to Glasto staff members or similar.

5 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Yep, April resale was the last chance 

Sh*t!!!

I have managed to be very lucky in getting secret resales in 2013 and 2016 - (I had my tix in 2016, but got them for my sister and the missus then)

It's a slim chance getting them in the secret ones, but it's still a chance!

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not to ramp up the fear too much, but am I right in thinking there were no secret resales last year for the first time in ages...

From someone who refreshed the page every 2 minutes for 2 weeks....yes you are correct in thinking so 

2 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

From someone who refreshed the page every 2 minutes for 2 weeks....yes you are correct in thinking so 

My commiserations. I've never gone for the secret resale - on the one occasion I wasn't sorted by then, I'd made other plans and resigned myself to not got going, so wasn't tempted. The stress of it sounds horrific tbh. 

37 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

The advice here is to use a vpn (which i have ) however if you are connected to that and other people are connected to the same VPN then surely you have the same issue no?

The best way to know is to try it out before T-day and check each machine with whatsmyip. ...obvs you want them all to report different addresses!

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My commiserations. I've never gone for the secret resale - on the one occasion I wasn't sorted by then, I'd made other plans and resigned myself to not got going, so wasn't tempted. The stress of it sounds horrific tbh. 

Thankfully it wasn't for me, it was my best friend who in the chaos of ticket day was 1 out of 15 left without a ticket! I'm one of the very lucky few who has managed to get a ticket every time I have tried. I do feel even since the time I started going (2011) so many more people I know/work with/am friends with are trying this year in comparison!

Anyone else find that more people seem to want to go after a fallow year?

4 minutes ago, pentura said:

Sh*t!!!

I have managed to be very lucky in getting secret resales in 2013 and 2016 - (I had my tix in 2016, but got them for my sister and the missus then)

It's a slim chance getting them in the secret ones, but it's still a chance!

I didn't get tickets in the October sale and then ended up getting a spot to work it instead but myself and the mrs had mates we were trying for, we didnt manage in the April resales so we kept an eye out for any possible secret resales but no such luck. I think it was certainly the first time in a while that they haven't done another quick resale after the normal resale. Can only imagine any that were returned after the resale were used by hospitality/workers or some kind of competitions. They couldn't have been left unused surely. 

1 minute ago, buffy394 said:

Anyone else find that more people seem to want to go after a fallow year?

Yep huge demand. Even just when I speak to more people who could possibly try and go are all saying they are trying this year. Like i mentioned the other week the demand to volunteer this year is higher too. 

5 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I didn't get tickets in the October sale and then ended up getting a spot to work it instead but myself and the mrs had mates we were trying for, we didnt manage in the April resales so we kept an eye out for any possible secret resales but no such luck. I think it was certainly the first time in a while that they haven't done another quick resale after the normal resale. Can only imagine any that were returned after the resale were used by hospitality/workers or some kind of competitions. They couldn't have been left unused surely. 

Yeah, definitely can't see them going un-used. Probably given out to artists or traders maybe.

The flash resale was around March / April in 2016 and couldn't have last more than 60 seconds, if even. I had the site constantly open and refreshing a couple of days before it hit just after 1pm. Could have been a Tuesday / Wednesday. By the time I inputted the details and confirmed the booking they were all gone!