Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

7 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Milking the name , how many anniversary tours can a band have. Went from a band that were interesting and at least meant something to supporting bon Jovi

100% this, it's time to call it a day now.

I'm a big Manics fan, but when you're on your 3rd anniversary tour it's time to call it quits. The new albums have offered ever diminishing returns since Journal Of Plague Lovers, which itself was based on Richie's 20 year old lyrics.

9 hours ago, zero000 said:

I'm a big Manics fan, but when you're on your 3rd anniversary tour it's time to call it quits. The new albums have offered ever diminishing returns since Journal Of Plague Lovers, which itself was based on Richie's 20 year old lyrics.

Futurology was decent (the first of it at any rate), the latest one is shite.

10 hours ago, zero000 said:

Did you theys ever do anniversary tours of the first two albums? Must be the only band doing these kind of things not to.

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I wish The Courteeners would fuck off and die

I don't like the Courteeners, it is really not my thing, yet I would never wish death on someone just because I did not like their music. 

Why would you even say something like that on a public forum? Why would you even think something like that in your own head? 

Bit of a strange comment to make really.

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

A lot of Manchester have the misconception that they're from here

Tim Booth is from Leeds, James are from Manchester.

34 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Tim Booth is from Leeds, James are from Manchester

I've heard their accents and in between song patter about living in London suburbs, I don't buy it.

And yes, death to The Courteeners, the world is a cruel place where people much less deserving than them die every day.

11 hours ago, zero000 said:

I think they just need an extended break, build up some kind of enthusiasm and genuine desire from their fanbase to see them again. They’ve spread themselves way too thin for years - having headlined the Pyramid in 99 they were back there subbing Moby 4 years later. Can’t imagine many acts willing to take that drop so soon now, but the Manics seem happy to take whatever’s on offer.