Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

6 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

No wales date there, I’m not sure they managed to sell out the arena last time they played so I think even we’re sick of them now.

5 hours ago, zico martin said:

Nothing in Wales? Turncoat bastards!

Says in the press release that “The band hope to announce a special one off show in Wales in the next few months

Last couple of Welsh anniversary gigs were Cardiff Castle and Swansea Liberty Stadium so thinking they’re hoping for a grand outdoor event.. Still, I’m gagging for this and it does set up quite nicely into the festival season..

Yeah, they’re cashing in a bit but fuck it, I don’t grudge em that any more than I grudge em not setting fire to themselves on TOTP or splitting up after their first album. Just glad they’re doing smaller places this time. They’re my favourite band, I love em and they’ve cost me a fortune but that last album was w*nk. Leeds Arena gig was an embarrassing turnout, can’t have been a third full. Hope they go in a different direction again after this, they usually do...

1 hour ago, RichardWaller said:

Says in the press release that “The band hope to announce a special one off show in Wales in the next few months

Last couple of Welsh anniversary gigs were Cardiff Castle and Swansea Liberty Stadium so thinking they’re hoping for a grand outdoor event.. Still, I’m gagging for this and it does set up quite nicely into the festival season..

Yeah, they’re cashing in a bit but fuck it, I don’t grudge em that any more than I grudge em not setting fire to themselves on TOTP or splitting up after their first album. Just glad they’re doing smaller places this time. They’re my favourite band, I love em and they’ve cost me a fortune but that last album was w*nk. Leeds Arena gig was an embarrassing turnout, can’t have been a third full. Hope they go in a different direction again after this, they usually do...

I saw them at Pennfest this summer.  Was surprised they were playing such a small festival but they were good. 

27 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I saw them at Pennfest this summer.  Was surprised they were playing such a small festival but they were good. 

Yeah, they’re not Pyramid headliners anymore but it’d be nice if they were there 20 years after they were... can see em maybe headlining Park or subbing Other.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Foals are back. At Rock am Ring. First 1975 summer date too.

Don't really see where Foals fit at GF these days, they're not going to sub the Pyramid again so soon after the last one and they're nowhere near the headliner conversation these days.

Could they be an outside bet for the Other?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don't really see where Foals fit at GF these days, they're not going to sub the Pyramid again so soon after the last one and they're nowhere near the headliner conversation these days.

Could they be an outside bet for the Other?

Doubt they’ll appear at all. Think they’ll be an Isle of Wight headliner.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They're still trying to cement their status as major festival headliners and they've no reason not to keep going with that.

So this might rule them out for 19, but not for 20 as it will have it's own rules as the 50th edition, I guess

Just now, Nimrod said:

So this might rule them out for 19, but not for 20 as it will have it's own rules as the 50th edition, I guess

Personally I don't see them playing at all on the upcoming album and seeing how the land lies on the next one, but who knows really. I might be completely wrong and they've been sent tumbling down the lineup like peeps her suggest. It just seems at this point that they can still keep their headline status.

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Will any IOW punters have heard of them though?

Yeah they're now an arena rock band who've been doing the rounds in the UK for a long time. So probably more than have heard of Arcade Fire or The Black Keys.

58 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Off that Download line up - might we get Die Antwoord? Headlined Boomtown last night - could they be a Other Stage headliner perhaps? I only caught a couple at Boomtown, but would love to catch them properly!

I hope so... I saw them at Osheaga in Canada last summer and it was a damn PARTY. I'd love to see them again. What would be amazing (but not gunna happen) is if they played after the headliner in Shangri-La... one can wish.