TRNSMT Lineup 2019

21 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Sadly, Mumford & Sons seem to have a new album on the way. Possible headliners?

Are they still relevant? I thought the last album they released turned a lot of people off them. Personally have no idea why anyone was originally into them anyway.

Can't see them selling out a day at TRNSMT if they do get announced. Would they be more suited for Summer Sessions?

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Summer Sessions was only a month ago, like.

Yeah I'm not expecting them to do TRNSMT but there doesn't seem to be too many obvious contenders so figured it was worth mentioning. They could probably still sell a decent amount of tickets for a gig up here though so surprised they're avoiding it.

1 hour ago, 5rebbecas said:

if 1975 do headline a night i could see catfish being in the special guests slot that the 1975 were in last year before biffy

Bit big if they've just headlined a night at Bellahouston. Biffy did that the year before they headlined, rather than supporting.

Catfish and Gerry Cinnamon would probably work out alright. :lol:

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I'm not expecting them to do TRNSMT but there doesn't seem to be too many obvious contenders so figured it was worth mentioning. They could probably still sell a decent amount of tickets for a gig up here though so surprised they're avoiding it.

6 hours ago, 5rebbecas said:

if 1975 do headline a night i could see catfish being in the special guests slot that the 1975 were in last year before biffy

I can see this happening. GSS what they did is only 35k as apposed to TRNSMT at 50k.

How about something like this?

FRI: The Cure, Ian Brown, The Wombats, Twin Atlantic, The Twilight Sad, Sundara Karma
SAT: Florence + the Machine, George Ezra, Christine & the Queens, The DMA's, Sigrid, The View, The Snuts
SUN: Muse, Bastille, Hozier, Slaves, Tom Odell, White Lies, Tom Walker

With The 1975 doing Summer Sessions.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI: The Cure, Ian Brown, The Wombats, Twin Atlantic, The Twilight Sad, Sundara Karma
SAT: Florence + the Machine, George Ezra, Christine & the Queens, The DMA's, Sigrid, The View, The Snuts

I'd be 100% all over this for the headliners alone, but I have this odd feeling The Cure wouldn't do it for some reason. I'd see them doing Summer Sessions over The 1975, but again, I don't know if they'd fit better with GSS instead of TRNSMT or vice versa. I think it's the sheer amount of time they've spent away from Scotland, it's hard to believe they'll ever bother coming back.

On 9/25/2018 at 1:28 PM, kingcrawler said:

The Cure definitely aren't playing Trnsmt 

On 9/17/2018 at 11:18 PM, mazza7 said:

Rod Stewart may not be suitable for a festival targeted at 16-25 year olds,  but he's still one of the greatest music artists of all time.  Lumping him in with Irish rebel bands because he is a Celtic fan is ridiculous! 

Rod Stewart covers Irish rebel song Grace on new album Blood Red Roses after hearing Celtic fans sing it
Rod, 73, admits the republican ballad might be a "controversial choice" but insists it is "not really an IRA song"

Thatll go down well ..

Daft auld duffer

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The last couple of times Muse have played stadiums, they've avoided Scotland altogether, even when they were doing festivals, so this has made me even more certain that they're not doing TRNSMT.

They did T In The Park in 2010 & did Manchester + London stadium shows the same summer. It's still possible.