Lineup 2020

randlfan

TRAVIS SCOTT, ROYAL BLOOD, Wolf Alice, Logic, Jimmy Eat World // R1: Sigrid

DRAKE, Haim, Billie Eilish, All Time Low, Stefflon Don // R1: Glass Animals

THE KILLERS, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Tyler, the Creator, Nothing But Thieves, Rex Orange County // R1: Rae Sremmurd

On 1/9/2019 at 1:44 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

TRAVIS SCOTT, ROYAL BLOOD, Wolf Alice, Logic, Jimmy Eat World // R1: Sigrid

DRAKE, Haim, Billie Eilish, All Time Low, Stefflon Don // R1: Glass Animals

THE KILLERS, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Tyler, the Creator, Nothing But Thieves, Rex Orange County // R1: Rae Sremmurd

The next time Wolf Alice play they’ll headline. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, manchestermusicreview said:

The next time Wolf Alice play they’ll headline. 

25 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

FOALS for a big 2019 and headline 2020 I reckon, personally don't think their new releases will flop and they'll have enough material and popularity to have that spot.

Where is all this bollocks coming from

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Where is all this bollocks coming from

They've already co-headlined so provided this new set of albums do as well as what went down they'll more than likely to make the step up, really not that hard to grasp. They'd draw more than enough punters for a headline slot and with 4 well-received albums under their belt, and another 2 by the time 2020 rolls around they'll have more than enough music to fill the slot.

Wolf Alice is definitely a stretch but I wouldn't be surprised if R+L try and book a female fronted act in the next few years but more down the lines of Florence for example.

3 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

They've already co-headlined so provided this new set of albums do as well as what went down they'll more than likely to make the step up, really not that hard to grasp. They'd draw more than enough punters for a headline slot and with 4 well-received albums under their belt, and another 2 by the time 2020 rolls around they'll have more than enough music to fill the slot.

Wolf Alice is definitely a stretch but I wouldn't be surprised if R+L try and book a female fronted act in the next few years but more down the lines of Florence for example.

There is one vital thing you're forgetting, what went down didn't go down well

41 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

There is one vital thing you're forgetting, what went down didn't go down well

Didn’t go down in terms of what?

it was a successful album not only with fans but in the mainstream too, in which, foals won awards for best british band etc. Mountain at my gates was a huge single for them as well

Edited by dum surfer

Sorry but Wolf Alice will headline next time they play. They have the same label backing as the 1975, had major success at the Mercury prize and sold out nights at Brixton instantly. Next tour will be arenas, they will sell out and summer after they’ll headline. 

It’s not bollocks, it’s how their trajectory will go. Plus - R/L explicitly stated they’ll headline very soon - I reckon in the next 3/4 years. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Sorry but Wolf Alice will headline next time they play. They have the same label backing as the 1975, had major success at the Mercury prize and sold out nights at Brixton instantly. Next tour will be arenas, they will sell out and summer after they’ll headline. 

It’s not bollocks, it’s how their trajectory will go. Plus - R/L explicitly stated they’ll headline very soon - I reckon in the next 3/4 years. 

Might be talking out my arse here but wasn't the R1 tent far from full when they headlined it this year? They were only up against FOB too, not like they took loads of their crowd away.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Might be talking out my arse here but wasn't the R1 tent far from full when they headlined it this year? They were only up against FOB too, not like they took loads of their crowd away.

Yeah the tent was nowhere near full when I walked past. FOB didn't have huge crowd either though, Annie Mac however was rammed.

11 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yes far from full, i was able to get to the barriers after they had started with ease

11 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I was standing comfortably, eating a pizza, in front of the half way barrier with loads of space around me. I was really surprised by how few people were there. 

Edited by Diamond24