Lineup 2020

randlfan

• 3 weeks later...

Tbf I will make a post like that every year if I think it’s true. Feel like they’d be a cheaper headline choice for the amount of tickets they could sell and the festival would probably really like that tho. Certainly a better choice than having fall out boy or similar bands on the downfall coming back every couple years.

• Upvote 1

TRAVIS SCOTT, Haim, Wolf Alice, Everything Everything, Lil Uzi Vert // R1: Glass Animals

THE KILLERS, Tame Impala, Tyler the Creator, Rex Orange County, DMA's // R1: Marshmello

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, Post Malone, Lorde, Nothing But Thieves, Zack de la Rocha // R1: Skepta

Could be wrong but swear I saw a picture of Travis Scott performing to a fairly pitiful crowd at Reading or Leeds this year? He doesn't seem likely to step up to headlining to me but I keep seeing it predicted. I'm not really very clued up tbf but it seems off having him above Post Malone in the future.

28 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Could be wrong but swear I saw a picture of Travis Scott performing to a fairly pitiful crowd at Reading or Leeds this year? He doesn't seem likely to step up to headlining to me but I keep seeing it predicted. I'm not really very clued up tbf but it seems off having him above Post Malone in the future.

No idea about his crowd size as I wasn’t there but I’ve not heard anything about it being notably small. Pretty sure he had a bigger pull than FOB (although that’s not a huge achievement). Melvin seems to love him though and provided his next album doesn’t flop I can definitely see him getting the push to headline.

40 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

No idea about his crowd size as I wasn’t there but I’ve not heard anything about it being notably small. Pretty sure he had a bigger pull than FOB (although that’s not a huge achievement). Melvin seems to love him though and provided his next album doesn’t flop I can definitely see him getting the push to headline.

It was a huge crowd at reading. The screens were saying that both sides were full

16 hours ago, Odessa said:

Reading was pretty busy and it poured the whole set as well

With Stormzy almost definitely headlining Glastonbury next year, he must be a safe bet to headline R&L in 2020. Obviously gonna have a new album out before June next year, so providing he does 2 summers of touring then he seems the most obvious choice this far in advance.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:33 PM, C14S said:

Stormzy

Arctics

Courteeners/Travis

How realistic (or otherwise) is this? Too strong? Not rocky enough?

Took me way too long to work out you probably meant Travis Scott.

Either way that would be awful as a co-headline. Leave Courteeners sub every 3-4 years if we have to have them at all.

Edited by Jericode

50 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Either way that would be awful as a co-headline. Leave Courteeners sub every 3-4 years if we have to have them at all.

Hate to break it, but Courteeners are 1 of around 5 or 6 acts that FR are grooming (slowly moving up the roster every 2 years) on their way to headline.

Courteeners have gone from 5th Main stage in 2009 -> 3rd R1 stage in 2012 -> 1st R1 stage 2014 ->3rd Main stage in 2016 -> 2nd Main Stage 2018

They have gone the same way as P!ATD, FOB, Biffy Clyro, Queens of the Stone Age etc. They start off in the bottom half of the main stage, work their way up the set list, head over to NME to headline and then head back to the main stage to move up the final 3 spots.

Nothing but Theives, Florence and the Machine, Imagine Dragons, Blossoms, Wolf Alice, Courteeners, Bring me the Horizon are all the same and will be headlining over the next 5 or 6 years. Guaranteed unless they completely crash and burn. All of those are getting completely w*nk*d over by radio 1 hosts and DJs everytime they breath, so clearly they are trying to create the hype buzz around them.

I'm not denying that Courteeners have moved up the line-up through the years, I just don't think they should headline. None of their singles have done particularly brilliantly, I never hear them get any radio play and there's the constant argument of whether they're as big a draw outside of the north.

And whilst Imagine Dragons are doing a similar trajectory, the singles off the new album don't appear to have performed as well and I'll be interested to see where the album lands on the charts later. I think they're already on the slide down now.

Saying that, who thought Panic at the Disco would be this big now when they were mid-NME in 2011. Anything can happen. That's why I'm sat on a computer debating it rather than booking it myself.

22 hours ago, Jericode said:

I agree it wouldn’t be great but if they book the arctics then the other two are going to be smaller acts realistically