Lineup 2020

randlfan

28 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

That’s not the impression I get. They may do two stand alone gigs rather than a tour, one gig is Global Citizen the other could be any time at the the Royal Albert Hall. 

Doesn’t have to be at the same time.

The fact the 28th March doesn’t have a headliner yet for Teenage Cancer Trust suggests me that that’s when Muse will play.

Clearly we got different impressions then, though I can see your point in all fairness.

There's a pleasing (origin of) symmetry to the idea of Muse starting the Simulation Theory stuff in the UK with the December 2018 RAH gig and then bringing down the curtain, in a way, with a 2020 RAH show. Though can imagine it being hugely expensive given how pricey the 12/18 show was.

16 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I reckon we could see Dave being pushed up to a co headliner

Maybe the next time he plays if he has a few years gap, but I don’t think he can do it until he’s got at least another album out

Edited by Quorn
  • Upvote 1

On 11/20/2019 at 1:08 PM, gfa said:

Reading just put a talent survey on their instagram story. Leaving a bit late although I think we had one before?

EDIT: there was also a fairly short headliners list which is interesting: biffy, strokes, AM, foals, kanye, blink, slipknot, travis scott, muse, asap rocky, dua lipa, mcr, billie, lg, gambino, frank ocean, stormzy, kendrick, tyler, ratm, tame, bmth, killers, catfish and cardi b

Seems interesting to me as its not just a default list like many surveys?

Given that LG was actually in the list, I would wager that all our headliners are in there. We was also told ome act is completely left field and we wouldn't expect them.

Acts that wont do it: MCR, Billie, Kendrick, Tame, Killers, Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy

Acts that arent right yet:  Kanye, Asap Rocky, Dua Lipa, Gambino, Frank Ocean, Tyler, Cardi B

Leftfield acts that it may be for the Sunday: Strokes, Slipknot, RATM

Friday possibilities: Biffy, Foals, Travid Scott, BMTH, Catfish

I really believe we will see:

BMTH + Biffy // Liam Gallagher // Strokes

Edited by Chad888
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I still think something like a Biffy/Blink coheadline is very possible.

I guess an act like Muse could come out of no where and surprise us too.

Muse won’t be back so soon, that’s only 3 years. I still think Florence and the Machine are a possibility for Friday with Bmth and Strokes Sunday

6 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Muse won’t be back so soon, that’s only 3 years.

Biffy headlined in 2013 & 2016. FOB in 2016 & 2018. Don’t think Muse would be the first on their list, but if they’re available and R&L are struggling for a big ticket shifter then I could see them getting booked.

As things stand though I’m going back to my prediction of:

Travis Scott / BMTH

LG

Biffy / Blink

Unless RHCP do end up at Sziget, in which case them on the Sunday.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Biffy headlined in 2013 & 2016. FOB in 2016 & 2018. Don’t think Muse would be the first on their list, but if they’re available and R&L are struggling for a big ticket shifter then I could see them getting booked.

As things stand though I’m going back to my prediction of:

Travis Scott / BMTH

LG

Biffy / Blink

Unless RHCP do end up at Sziget, in which case them on the Sunday.

True but Muse are up there as one of THE biggest bands in the world, they’ll wait at least till after doing Glasto again.

i could see that, I just think rather than Blink we’d have a more adventurous or up and coming co headline, maybe a Vampire Weekend, the Strokes or even 2DCC

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

True but Muse are up there as one of THE biggest bands in the world, they’ll wait at least till after doing Glasto again.

Can’t see them doing Glasto again in the near future.

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

i could see that, I just think rather than Blink we’d have a more adventurous or up and coming co headline, maybe a Vampire Weekend, the Strokes or even 2DCC

None of those are up and coming 😂

23 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Can’t see them doing Glasto again in the near future.

None of those are up and coming 😂

Exactly so they went play Reading in the near future

And 2DCC have made their way up the lineup

and the Strokes and Vampire Weekend are more adventurous than recent bookings

2 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Slipknot were outstanding in Sheffield last night, it's such a shame they won't get booked because they'd be absolutely insane. Just don't think R&L would take the risk on them bring an outright headliner and they'd want/need to be that with their stage show etc. 

The old days, that Sunday is mental... 3 Download festival headliners on the main stage alone right there.Image result for leeds festival 2008

Edited by lukecork

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Exactly so they went play Reading in the near future

Should have rephrased what I said - I can’t see them doing Glasto in the near future but I can see them doing R&L again in the near future.

1 hour ago, lukecork said:

The old days, that Sunday is mental... 3 Download festival headliners on the main stage alone right there.Image result for leeds festival 2008

My first ever Reading & Leeds! Fantastic weekend. 

My first thought when looking at this poster was 'why the fuck did I not see Slipknot', but then I just remembered Joey Jordison broke his ankle shortly before so they had to pull out. No one replaced them, everyone else was essentially just bumped up. As a huge Feeder fan I didn't actually mind too much.