Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 minutes ago, DMCJ2 said:

Based on what I’ve seen on Twitter it looks like some people will still believe MCR will play until the line ups confirmed.

is it still looking like Travis and RHCP as the other 2?

R&L twitter always get disappointed with the lineup because they don’t drop their predictions even when there is strong evidence that bands haven’t been booked.

See for example Arctic Monkeys every year. 

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Their fanbase are very loud on social media but I don’t think there are as many of them as it may seem. In 2011 their headline set had quite a small crowd. I was there.

Was it a small crowd? I was also there but towards the front (watching my all time favourite reading/leeds performance)

27 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Definitely sounds like it's happening. 

OMFin G! 

Thank you so much for sharing!

Massive Muse fan and recently lost my dad to cancer so I’d love to go to that gig, I know my dad wasn’t a teenager obvs but would still be quite emosh to go to a gig of my fave band and for that cause.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Who can we compare it to in recent years? Something like FOB?

wouldn't be able to compare it myself, as not been since 2012 apart from the sunday at Reading last year.

edit: others who saw both may know

Edited by lharris92

6 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

OMFin G! 

Thank you so much for sharing!

Massive Muse fan and recently lost my dad to cancer so I’d love to go to that gig, I know my dad wasn’t a teenager obvs but would still be quite emosh to go to a gig of my fave band and for that cause.

Sorry for your loss dude :(. I hope you get a ticket!

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Quick one on MCR they played a 6.3k venue at $170 a ticket, it sold out in four mins.

£84 for a 65k venue will be interesting, would like to know how quick that'll sell out.

Hopefully fast enough for you lot to shut up about MCR already. Not been on in ages, they have announce the MK date and you are still going on about it. Its a fucking R&L chat ffs. Not being funny but its well annoying seeing MCR every comment and nothing to do with R&L. Just created a MCR chat already. Or rename this one.

Obviously gonna get backlash from this comment but im sure there are others thinking the same thing.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

37 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Was it a small crowd? I was also there but towards the front (watching my all time favourite reading/leeds performance)

36 minutes ago, lharris92 said:

yep, loads of space further back

30stm got a larger crowd. Seriously. We went to the NME midway through MCR’s set and then came back for the end. It’s hard to judge a metric but it was definitely the smallest headline crowd of the weekend.

Of course all the MCR fans in their gear were up front. Towards the back there was lots of space and people chatting.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Maybe because the prospect of Courteeners and Liam Gallagher just doesn’t really float a festival forum?

At least its relevant towards the 2020 line up. Talking about the MK MCR show for the last fucking decade isnt. MCR are not going to be at R&L and if you had a slight bit of hope then its all gone now. Just create a new chat about the MCR show if you're so desperate to talk about it every second of the day.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

Just now, The All Round Ball :| said:

At least its relevant towards the 2020 line up. Talking about the MK MCR show for the last fucking decade isnt. MCR are not going to be at R&L and if you had a slight bit of hope then its all gone now. Just create a new chat about the MCR show if you're so desperate to talk about it every second of the day.

Please cry more.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

30stm got a larger crowd. Seriously. We went to the NME midway through MCR’s set and then came back for the end. It’s hard to judge a metric but it was definitely the smallest headline crowd of the weekend.

Of course all the MCR fans in their gear were up front. Towards the back there was lots of space and people chatting.

Yeah, we were to the side of the screen/viewing platform and had plenty of space. definitely was the smallest headliner crowd of the weekend - Muse was big, and I assume Pulp/Strokes was too - only saw a part of their sets from what I remember

Just now, The All Round Ball :| said:

I think a lot of us just don’t want to face the fact that our headliners are probs Biffy, Travis, Liam Gallagher, Courteeners, BMTH — and we would love to dream of who else could be there.

I know that many Reading attendees will be miffed at the fact that both Rage and MCR are on the market and R&L got none of them. Also that Arctic Monkeys aren’t headlining again :P 

• Upvote 2