Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That Co-Op Live date surely doesn't open top-tiers for the Black Keys? Surely? Reckon they could shift 8,000 max for that.

Perhaps they have the ability to reduce the size of space used, move the stage down the arena? We'll know soon enough when the seating plan comes out I guess. 

20 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That Co-Op Live date surely doesn't open top-tiers for the Black Keys? Surely? Reckon they could shift 8,000 max for that.

How well did the AO arena date sell on the previous tour?

10 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

How well did the AO arena date sell on the previous tour?

pretty much sold out what was available * no top tier though

Edited by pryce

21 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

European detour might tba? Doubt they‘ll explore the UK on a week off.

Plausible. I'm more bemused tbf as to why they wouldn't have announced it all at the same time but hey, I'm not their booking agent.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

More or less likely?

FB_IMG_1709625899639.jpg

Well, they are listed as having a cluster of 4 shows in 4 days on July 10/11/12/13. Glastonbury would require that as well with 2 London shows and an Amsterdam date in this run, so it is possible.

On 3/5/2024 at 10:22 AM, Dark Star said:

Perhaps they have the ability to reduce the size of space used, move the stage down the arena? We'll know soon enough when the seating plan comes out I guess. 

I remember there was a setting called the Steel Hall, or something else, at Sheffield Arena, that basically was their configuration for small scale gigs. Moved the stage down to the halfway mark on the hockey surface, then made it all seated. Think it could hold 4,500 or something.

OMD in Leeds Arena had a fascinating configuration I've not seen before, off the top of my head. The venue's first-tier seating is retractable up to Row P, but typically is either down to the floor for a fully seated event, or fully pushed back for a maximum pit size.

Last night, only the first six rows or so looked to be retracted. Allowed for a smaller standing area - surely no more than 1,600, or so - and the rest of the tier one seating to be mostly used. Curtained off the extreme blocks of the first tier, all but the middle three of the second tier and all of the third tier, but was told it could still hold up to 6,000 by staff. (Not sure how many were in.)

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I remember there was a setting called the Steel Hall, or something else, at Sheffield Arena, that basically was their configuration for small scale gigs. Moved the stage down to the halfway mark on the hockey surface, then made it all seated. Think it could hold 4,500 or something.

Most arenas can do something like that, and it's maybe surprising that they don't do so more often as it'd make filling empty dates more viable.

The picture is for Liverpool Arena, and shows where they can partition / move the stage for different capacities.

image.jpeg.79b68ad15aa1f341b74449ba5c26fcd7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Most arenas can do something like that, and it's maybe surprising that they don't do so more often as it'd make filling empty dates more viable.

The picture is for Liverpool Arena, and shows where they can partition / move the stage for different capacities.

image.jpeg.79b68ad15aa1f341b74449ba5c26fcd7.jpeg

Now that's useful! Wish more venues were upfront about capacity approaches, for stats nerds like me.

Leeds is a weird one, in that the capacity on the floor can wildly differ dependent on how big the stage is. It nominally can hold 13,500, but plenty of "sell-outs" tend to be in the 11,500 range because of production. (Think Iron Maiden last year was once such example, a gig packed to the rafters and listed as a sell-out too.)

£65 for Black Keys standing at Brixton. Anyone seen them live before? I quite like them and intrigued to see them live but not sure I want to for that cost. I was at the £50 max and why not give it a go level. 

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

£65 for Black Keys standing at Brixton. Anyone seen them live before? I quite like them and intrigued to see them live but not sure I want to for that cost. I was at the £50 max and why not give it a go level. 

They were abysmal subbing the Pyramid about ten years ago. Killed any enthusiasm I had for them stone dead.

36 minutes ago, Chef said:

Quite boring when I’ve seen them. I’m not a massive fan though, I like some of their stuff. Seems pricey but if you really like them you might enjoy it but they weren’t for me. 

3 hours ago, Chef said:

Won't sell out for sure, so you'll have options closer to the time.  FWIW I mirror other sentiments that they are good musicians, but not exactly charismatic showmen and the production will be basic.