Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

16 hours ago, Blisterpack said:

Declaration of interest: my mate’s sons are in this band. Saw the singer do a superb set of acoustic versions of their songs at the First Stop stage facing  Croissant Neuf bandstand on glasto Wednesday night. It was brilliant and chock full of scousers! Given that they are very electro, I thought it might have been a stretch but the songs were just so good. Anyway, if you are around in Liverpool next Friday it’s a freebie! 

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Liverpool/Heebie-Jeebies/Oranj-Son/36401526/

Might not be able to make this gig, but love their sound! Thanks for the recommendation ☺️

23 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Someone spotted tour dates for NA and Europe listed in a video Chvrches singer Lauren Mayberry put on Instagram, with a few suggesting it could be a full tour for 10 years since their debut. Maybe we'll get something soon enough.

If this means Under the Tide and Gun back on the setlist, sign me up please! 

4 hours ago, megan140695 said:

Coldplay Tour dates!

4BBAC8EC-1842-45F9-916B-15E27FC7836A.png

Missing from this is 2 shows on August 29/30 in Dublin. I thought I'd seen it rumoured in the other threads that they were doing there so was wondering why it wasn't showing.

But yes, this very much puts them in the Glastonbury running. So abandon hope all ye who wish to avoid them?

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

Someone spotted tour dates for NA and Europe listed in a video Chvrches singer Lauren Mayberry put on Instagram, with a few suggesting it could be a full tour for 10 years since their debut. Maybe we'll get something soon enough.

Fan sleuthing has revealed this could be more likely to be a Lauren Mayberry solo project than a full Chvrches one, given there is a website under password-protected development and a Ticketmaster page for her rather than for the band.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Missing from this is 2 shows on August 29/30 in Dublin. I thought I'd seen it rumoured in the other threads that they were doing there so was wondering why it wasn't showing.

But yes, this very much puts them in the Glastonbury running. So abandon hope all ye who wish to avoid them?

If they're at Werchter Classic, that could strike them out of glastonbury completely.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Fan sleuthing has revealed this could be more likely to be a Lauren Mayberry solo project than a full Chvrches one, given there is a website under password-protected development and a Ticketmaster page for her rather than for the band.

Gorilla in Manchester have let the cat truly out of the bag: Lauren Mayberry | Gorilla (thisisgorilla.com)

2 hours ago, Padjeq said:

If they're at Werchter Classic, that could strike them out of glastonbury completely.

Werchter Boutique is the weekend before Glastonbury and it definitely will be next year. Happens the weekend of the 17th June so whether it was the 3rd Saturday or because how it falls it was the 4th, Coldplay are in Budapest and Lyon respectively for those dates.

They've got a hell of a lot of euro festivals with dates in those countries to choose from in that gap. I'm expecting a run of something like Glastonbury, Werchter, Roskilde, Nos Alive, Mad Cool to name 5.

17 hours ago, northernangel said:

Werchter Boutique is the weekend before Glastonbury and it definitely will be next year. Happens the weekend of the 17th June so whether it was the 3rd Saturday or because how it falls it was the 4th, Coldplay are in Budapest and Lyon respectively for those dates.

They've got a hell of a lot of euro festivals with dates in those countries to choose from in that gap. I'm expecting a run of something like Glastonbury, Werchter, Roskilde, Nos Alive, Mad Cool to name 5.

I was thinking of 22 when it was glasto weekend.

The Bug Club, the band will head out on tour this autumn,

Newport Le Pub, 11 Oct
Bath Moles, 17
Manchester Band On The Wall, 18
Newcastle Gosforth Civic Theatre, 19
Carlisle The Brickyard, 20
Halifax Arden Road Social Club, 21
Nottingham Rescue Rooms, 22

London 100 club 24
Reading The Face Bar, 25
Brighton Concorde 2, 26
Norwich Arts Centre, 30
York The Crescent, 01 Nov
Edinburgh Summerhal Dissection Room, 02
Stirling The Tolbooth, 03

7 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Just looked at the ticket price £25 which is a bit steep to say no one has heard her solo stuff.  

Is that not about right for an artist from a band with a decent following now? Pretty sure my local gig venues are now £9-£12 for local acts.

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Is that not about right for an artist from a band with a decent following now? Pretty sure my local gig venues are now £9-£12 for local acts.

CMAT was about £16 for her upcoming tour, wet leg last year was £15. 

I’ll admit they are quite new, but she’s quite an unknown as a solo artist.