Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

The Who, the legendary rock band announce 2023 UK tour featuring full orchestra plus special guests UB40 featuring Ali Campbell at select dates,

Hull Sewell Group Craven Park, 06 July
Edinburgh Castle, 08
Edinburgh Castle, 09
London The O2, 12
Derby The Incora Country Ground, 14
Bristol Badminton Estate, 16
Durham Seat Unique Riverside, 19
St Helens Totally Wicked Stadium, 21
Brighton The 1st Central Country Ground, 23

Any ticket prices for this? Can't see any.

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

For timeframe, this is 2 days after the Community reboot Two Door are headlining in Crystal Palace in South London.

That new album of theirs is complete shit (as was the one before). I used to love two door and would defo see them again but theres a lot of better options

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

That new album of theirs is complete shit (as was the one before). I used to love two door and would defo see them again but theres a lot of better options

one of the more baffling events in recent months was hearing that the lead singer of Two Door co-wrote a song with Ariel Pink and the banjo Mumford son about the Hunter Biden laptop story

disappointingly it does not sound like it is destined to get the flares out on the main stage at Reading anytime soon

4 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

one of the more baffling events in recent months was hearing that the lead singer of Two Door co-wrote a song with Ariel Pink and the banjo Mumford son about the Hunter Biden laptop story

disappointingly it does not sound like it is destined to get the flares out on the main stage at Reading anytime soon

There was a rumour that he couldn’t make their U.S. tour and they had to find a temporary replacement because he refused to get vaccinated so couldn’t travel, which adds up nicely with this little bit. What a bellend if true. 

16 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I hadn't heard about this so typed it into Google and while it hasn't named the TDCC singer in the headline, a credit is still there along with some dubious promo... Ariel Pink and Winston Marshall promote song on 'Tucker Carlson' (nme.com)

Even more than that, apparently it's a Christmas song, which feels like a "What the hell" overload.

Edited by charlierc

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There was a rumour that he couldn’t make their U.S. tour and they had to find a temporary replacement because he refused to get vaccinated so couldn’t travel, which adds up nicely with this little bit. What a bellend if true. 

Feel like I read that last year they played shows in Brazil with a stand-in singer for similar reasons.

Someone has noted there's a degree of irony in them playing this Community event in London in July with The Vaccines.

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

55 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Feel like I read that last year they played shows in Brazil with a stand-in singer for similar reasons.

Someone has noted there's a degree of irony in them playing this Community event in London in July with The Vaccines.

This was bollocks it turned out (i think at least), i thought it originally

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiIYZ34ND97/?hl=en

actually seems thats a different member, they don't have great health!

here's a lead singer article - https://archive.ph/zXHTn

who knows eh, times says he can't get vaccinated? seems they played at Primavera 2021 no problem with rules still in place

17 minutes ago, Chef said:

I usually try to make one of these each year but nothing there for me. Guess there is still the comedy night to be announced and maybe something for the Thursday and Sunday? 

Same, not feeling anything there at all.

My work supports TCT and I got an email yesterday saying I could sign up for volunteering at the Friday 24th gig and get a free ticket. Didn’t know who was playing yesterday but couldn’t make it anyway and was disappointed… now I know it’s the fucking Courteeners I’m less disappointed.

3 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

20230131_091145.jpg

Echoing the guy that was asking about ticket prices, are these gigs normally all seated or will standing be avaliable. Been wanting to see underworld for a good while but worries this might not be the right venue for it to go tops off