Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

After the Blink 182 hike I was worried about the Paramore price, but it's about £20 more than what I paid on the last tour. The presale starting at the exact same time as Def Leppard's tho is annoying

I've just accepted that for 90% of gigs it will be trying to find a cheapie. The pricing is beyond unreasonable at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

They'll surely move the doors to 6 closer to the time 

Got to imagine there is a misprint there. Would be staggered if they just had the two with no support.

SEC - who seem to be handling a sale for Hampden Park - list prices between £61.85 and £139.20. Would wager that makes it around £55 low-end and £125 top-end before fees.

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

I've just accepted that for 90% of gigs it will be trying to find a cheapie. The pricing is beyond unreasonable at this point. 

Most gigs are about £10 aren't they? I go to a few a week and rarely pay above £20 for anything.

5 minutes ago, benali said:

Most gigs are about £10 aren't they? I go to a few a week and rarely pay above £20 for anything.

Even at the smaller venues, if it's less than £10 you've done well at this point. Most the ones at small venues near to me are over the £10 mark.

Certainly different spheres to bigger venues where a pint will probably be £10 before long.

Edited by charlierc

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Even at the smaller venues, if it's less than £10 you've done well at this point. Most the ones at small venues near to me are over the £10 mark.

Certainly different spheres to bigger venues where a pint will probably be £10 before long.

My local small venues are Heartbreakers and Joiners in Southampton. Heartbreakers average price is usually £8, sometimes cheaper, sometimes a bit more.

Joiners normally £8-£15 depending.

Pints are a fiver. It's really not that expensive to go to these types of gig and you get to see a lot of the bands that eventually end up charging punters £80 for the right to see them from a different postcode.

Also, like other small businesses, these venues are struggling and need support because without them there's nowhere for people like Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, 1975 etc to start off (all used as examples because they have played the Joiners.)

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Fuck you, wind. Got tickets for tomorrow on resale for cheap. 

76A80E96-1120-4A0D-9495-E9E14FC0257E.jpeg

Lmao cannot believe that after all the hooplah of this being a shitshow, this is what fucks it over. Gutted for anybody planning to go today, especially anybody who’s flown from across the world! Here’s hoping the other two days manage to go ahead without a hitch. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Wasn't this announced like 10 mins before the festival was supposed to start? This always seemed like something bad was gonna go down. As others have said I hope the last two days go ahead so it isn't a complete write off for some people.

7 hours ago, benali said:

My local small venues are Heartbreakers and Joiners in Southampton. Heartbreakers average price is usually £8, sometimes cheaper, sometimes a bit more.

Joiners normally £8-£15 depending.

Pints are a fiver. It's really not that expensive to go to these types of gig and you get to see a lot of the bands that eventually end up charging punters £80 for the right to see them from a different postcode.

Also, like other small businesses, these venues are struggling and need support because without them there's nowhere for people like Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, 1975 etc to start off (all used as examples because they have played the Joiners.)

I need to go to my local venues more tbf. Good rooms, just not felt energised by what's been there of late. May have to go away and check a few acts out. See if one's worth the effort.

14 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Wasn't this announced like 10 mins before the festival was supposed to start? This always seemed like something bad was gonna go down. As others have said I hope the last two days go ahead so it isn't a complete write off for some people.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Lmao cannot believe that after all the hooplah of this being a shitshow, this is what fucks it over. Gutted for anybody planning to go today, especially anybody who’s flown from across the world! Here’s hoping the other two days manage to go ahead without a hitch. 

Well Im still here. We're going tomorrow. The wind was only for today. Its gone early tomorrow morning. Its. Pleasant weather tomorrow also. High is 17 with a breeze. the official announcement was an hour before gates were going to open. About 30 mins before that I saw a post from somebody who worked for las vegas fire department get a notification it was cancelled. But thats not official obviously.

This is legit the first time Ive had a cancellation this close to an event. Its such a bummer. I ran into some people at the elevator of our hotel who had drive from new mexico and cant even try for tomorrow. They were crying already.  lots of bands are trying to put together last min shows for tonight at least. We'll see. conspiracy theories running rampant. That this is a scam and the wind was an excuse. 

Wind cannot stop us emos.

Edited by Suprefan

15 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Absolute shit show run by donkeys caught out before. Alkaline Trio did an interview saying when the lineup was announced neither them or friends from other bands they knew had even been asked. 

I can draw up a band poster and sell it for £200.

They booked it in the hope that the bsnds would like the idea of all shating that lineup. Then fuck it over an hour before.....because they didn't know adverse weather was coming at all!

2 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

One Inch Badge (a promoter for Brighton, partnered with Rockfeedback) has posted on IG that an “absolutely MASSIVE electronic show” is being announced at 10am tomorrow. they’ve worked with plenty of big names so quite intrigued to find out

Interesting. Just had a quick flick through who they follow on IG. Seemingly nobody who fits the term "absolutely massive" but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'll certainly be back at 10am to find out. Of the acts that could fit that description, The Prodigy's short run in the Summer was triumphant, fully expecting them to fully return next year. Underworld did a handful of shows this Summer, Chems are seemingly constantly on tour. Intriguing...although it's probably just Fatboy Slim doing something locally 😂

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

although it's probably just Fatboy Slim doing something locally 😂

did someone say a third show at the Brighton Centre?!

tbh I did the same thing of going through their related acts, and the only ones that stood out are Flume (did two shows at Koko this year but that’s it), Caribou (been pretty much everywhere the last year) and Bonobo. none of those are particularly all-caps massive but if booked in smaller venues then it might be that