Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

Josh getting full custody of the kids despite the accusations (and his history of alcohol and drug consumption) with Brody only being granted supervised visits to the youngest speaks volumes as to which side of the tail is most likely closest to the truth. Some of the stuff in that statement is wild and hopefully now the kids get some stability.

Also hope we can get the Queens back on the bill, or even better, Them Crooked Vultures.

Edited by NotAnInsider

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RichieSpenno said:

Are we sure they're headlining other.  Whispers on Glasto Chat they could be subbing elton and lil nas x headlining other.  

FB_IMG_1681808688469.jpg

Think that’s just copium on their part - Lil Nas makes far more sense subbing Elton and QOTSA make far more sense up against him.

9 minutes ago, RichieSpenno said:

Are we sure they're headlining other.  Whispers on Glasto Chat they could be subbing elton and lil nas x headlining other.  

Don't say that!  I was just starting to make progress with forcing myself to like Lil Nas X, starting to grow on me now...

2 minutes ago, NotAnInsider said:

I doubt QOTSA would want to clash - Elton has guested on their albums and asked Josh to sing goodbye yellow brick road at the Taylor Hawkins tribute. I can see Queens wanting to sub if they had the choice.

They very much don’t have the choice. Somebody has gotta be on at the same time as Elton and it seems they’ve pulled the short straw in that regard. 

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They very much don’t have the choice. Somebody has gotta be on at the same time as Elton and it seems they’ve pulled the short straw in that regard. 

Of course they have a choice!  They might be offered something they refuse but that’s still a choice.

1 hour ago, RichieSpenno said:

FB_IMG_1681808688469.jpg

The article in the Guardian on announcement day said Lil Nas X "will return to play before Elton John".

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

The article in the Guardian on announcement day said Lil Nas X "will return to play before Elton John".

This clinched it for me, unless Blondie and Cat Stevens are on stupidly early and before is 3rd, which isn't happen there is sadly no chance of seeing Queens and Elton.

6 minutes ago, Ashl said:

This clinched it for me, unless Blondie and Cat Stevens are on stupidly early and before is 3rd, which isn't happen there is sadly no chance of seeing Queens and Elton.

Doesn't have to be stupidly earlier, maybe for Blondie, just have her on before Yusuf.  DiRo had 3 acts after her last year so could be Blondie > Yusuf > QOTSA > Lil Nas > Elton  - they all start squabbling over how long their sets are though, so headlining Other would give someone a better set.

Edit: Kendrick had a 90 minute slot last year - assume Elton is getting more than that, so it does become a bit tricky...

Edited by p.pete

7 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Doesn't have to be stupidly earlier, maybe for Blondie, just have her on before Yusuf.  DiRo had 3 acts after her last year so could be Blondie > Yusuf > QOTSA > Lil Nas > Elton  - they all start squabbling over how long their sets are though, so headlining Other would give someone a better set.

Edit: Kendrick had a 90 minute slot last year - assume Elton is getting more than that, so it does become a bit tricky...

Queens ain't gonna play 3rd down.

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Queens ain't gonna play 3rd down.

Cool, if that's a definite then either they're on the Other stage or Lil Nas is, and the festival says Lil Nas is on before Elton - which means QOTSA are on during Elton if they're playing.

If Queens are booked to clash with Elton it would be the worst clash for me since I've been coming to the festival, The two names I most want to see booked again each other... 

I have some serious cope that they are on the Saturday night as an alternative to Guns.

Feel like it would be a pretty poor clash to book on their end, a lot of crossover between the two and most people wouldn't be missing Elton headline the Pyramid on his last ever tour, would be a dead QOTSA crowd. 

Edited by Xeph1995

17 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Cool, if that's a definite then either they're on the Other stage or Lil Nas is, and the festival says Lil Nas is on before Elton - which means QOTSA are on during Elton if they're playing.

Yep that's what it looks like!

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

How big was the QOTSA crowd in 2011 when they were up against Queen B?

Huge, but that was (just) before Beyonce fully became a force of nature. Remember she was rumoured to be a bump-up after they lost someone and only subbed at TITP a couple weeks later.