Football 17/18

TheGayTent

Just a wee update on Brechin City. They have managed to end the season with 4 points and no wins. The first team in Scotland to do this since Vale of Leven in season 1891/2

image.png.9ef1566bb9a2c329fdf86accc495f53a.png

According to their chairman there is no doom & gloom though...

Mr Ferguson said that the players and backroom staff at Glebe Park had "never let their heads go down" at their plight.

He said: "Every Saturday that dressing room has been buzzing.

"They want to do well, they want to perform for the fans.

"That is a great positive out of the season, how the spirits have been maintained on the park and off the park.

"The vast majority of our fans have supported us greatly throughout the season.

"It's certainly not all doom and gloom around the place."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-43921054

Perhaps Iniesta might consider Brechin as his next destination?

p.s. congrats to Comfy's honest men ... been a long run-in for them (&thanks for the favour to my team, mate) 

Edited by LJS

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

Weird if Iniesta goes to China. Probably mega rich already and a bit of a football purist you'd imagine? Doesn't seem to fit to me. MLS more likely?

Why would him being a football purist attract him to the MLS? 

He's going to make bucket loads whether he goes to the MLS or China.

44 days until the World Cup, which I'm sure will fly by. Looking forward to the aftermath when Real Madrid spend £100m on a player never before heard of who had four good games for Denmark. That and the pundits pretending to know a single thing about Panama's national team!

Buvac (Liverpool assistant) to Arsenal according to a source in Bosnia that was the first to break him and Klopp to Liverpool.

Very out of the blue but would add up with a few other things. Obviously his sudden leave of absence from Liverpool (which could also be down to other reasons, naturally), but also Arsenal's backroom overhaul this season would make sense if they're hiring someone who's more of a coach than an all-round manager.

Dunno if I buy it. Would normally disregard it but by all accounts it's from a reliable source.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Buvac (Liverpool assistant) to Arsenal according to a source in Bosnia that was the first to break him and Klopp to Liverpool.

Very out of the blue but would add up with a few other things. Obviously his sudden leave of absence from Liverpool (which could also be down to other reasons, naturally), but also Arsenal's backroom overhaul this season would make sense if they're hiring someone who's more of a coach than an all-round manager.

Dunno if I buy it. Would normally disregard it but by all accounts it's from a reliable source.

I'd seen he was on leave of absence for 'personal reasons' with a rumour of a row with Klopp....  but the Arsenal thing seems to make a lot of sense.

Will be interesting to see if Klopp's fortunes stall without him.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd seen he was on leave of absence for 'personal reasons' with a rumour of a row with Klopp....  but the Arsenal thing seems to make a lot of sense.

Will be interesting to see if Klopp's fortunes stall without him.

Yeah, the only thing is he's apparently very introverted and prefers to not be the face of things which is why he's been an assistant for the last 17 years.

Then again maybe he wants to show he can front a big club and get the wider credit he feels he deserves? I'm sure it would also be a massive pay rise from being an assistant.

Definitely a more interesting appointment than some names being thrown around (Ancelotti, Enrique, Löw), who wouldn't have the funds/squad they're used to at their disposal. I wanted Jardim/Allegri but if neither are available and willing to come, this is an interesting move.

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I wanted Jardim/Allegri but if neither are available and willing to come, this is an interesting move.

Both very different managers there... I'd like Jardim at Chelsea but at this stage who knows.

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Both very different managers there... I'd like Jardim at Chelsea but at this stage who knows.

Yeah they are, but they're both managers who I'd trust to compete (top 4 I'm talking, not titles) with Arsenal's budget/squad, and are used to not having huge budgets at their hands and the best squads in the world to pick from.

I hope Chelsea end up with Enrique. Not been majorly linked with anyone yet, have you?