Football 17/18

TheGayTent

If LFC make it past Roma tonight Id make Madrid favorites and firmly so. 

Been there and done that. That counts for a hell of a lot when the lights shine brightest. Ronnie seems to do his thing when he knows everyone is watching and the likes of Ramos have been around the block often enough not to be daunted by an in form player such as Salah or Bobby.

If Liverpool blink or under perform in such a final they will be put to the sword. Madrid on the other hand can afford to not be on all cylinders and still be expected to eek out a win in such circumstances. 

Madrid know how to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and Liverpool know too well how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

If that final does happen I will be an utter stress ball...........

Sure heading into a second leg semi 5-2 up and Im nervous! What the hell does that say about this Liverpool team??

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

If LFC make it past Roma tonight Id make Madrid favorites and firmly so. 

Been there and done that. That counts for a hell of a lot when the lights shine brightest. Ronnie seems to do his thing when he knows everyone is watching and the likes of Ramos have been around the block often enough not to be daunted by an in form player such as Salah or Bobby.

If Liverpool blink or under perform in such a final they will be put to the sword. Madrid on the other hand can afford to not be on all cylinders and still be expected to eek out a win in such circumstances. 

Madrid know how to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and Liverpool know too well how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  

Nice analysis that, mate. Agree completely.

13 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Very worried for Newcastle next season. Shortened transfer window is a nightmare for us because the club struggles to get shit done fast at the best of times.

It’s not shortened, just ends earlier.

3 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

so fewer days to get business done. 

No, it starts earlier.

under Uefa rules window has to be open 12 weeks, so will start just after season finishes mid May. 

The World Cup is going be more of an issue.

Edited by thetime

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

No, it starts earlier.

under Uefa rules window has to be open 12 weeks, so will start just after season finishes mid May. 

The World Cup is going be more of an issue.

Oh I didn't know that. I just assumed it was a shorter window. Still the point stands. I can see the club statement now.

"Due to the nature of this summer's transfer window, we were unable to blah blah blah.."

"Due to Mike Ashley being a total shitbag, after 12 weeks of speculation and attempts at selling the club leading to no transfers happening during sales proceedings, we've brought in one player on loan and made no signings".

• Upvote 1

These two matches are the first time I've really paid close attention to Nainggolan and I'm failing to see where the hype is coming from?

Edited by lost

14 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

;) 

I was half hoping that would reverse jinx him but to be fair his goal , I think the keeper could of had that angle covered if he'd been bothered and he'd done nowt till then including being at fault for the first.

Roma were terrible. I haven't a clue how they put 6 past pool.

Edited by lost

38 minutes ago, lost said:

I was half hoping that would reverse jinx him but to be fair his goal , I think the keeper could of had that angle covered if he'd been bothered and he'd done nowt till then including being at fault for the first.

Roma were terrible. I haven't a clue how they put 6 past pool.

I was more amused at the timing of your comment.

They put 6 past Liverpool because Liverpool can't defend.

Marcello could have TAA in his pocket in the final if TAA plays like he did tonight.... 

Liverpool will really need to get some decent possession and have those front 3 bang on form. Salah will have to be a bit less eager with his runs also....

Its going to be a stress fest!