New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

So those of us taking lots of lights and battery packs for outfits would probably be better having them extra visible on the way in to make it clear what they are for.

I have a tutu with fairy lights and led wire sewn in and a body suit which is a similar affair. So three battery packs. Wires everywhere. I'm going to be put on a list, aren't I?

Yep I was going to just say that Kaytee, it would be a nightmare having to corner  off every lost bag, at least security have a chance to ID a bag first, the extra checks are a pain but  for our safety. I expect the standard to be mirrors on sticks  for checking under vehicles, hand held scanners  along with bag scanners ,I do know a lot of extra enhanced security measures will be taking place in and around the site but again for our safety.

Edited by keepad
Wrong info

Just now, Larraht said:

I have a tutu with fairy lights and led wire sewn in and a body suit which is a similar affair. So three battery packs. Wires everywhere. I'm going to be put on a list, aren't I?

Maybe put it all in it's own bag inside your rucksack and explain to the person as soon as it's pulled out what to expect? It is a festival I'm sure they are aware these things exist.

Just now, mf_2005 said:

Maybe put it all in it's own bag inside your rucksack and explain to the person as soon as it's pulled out what to expect? It is a festival I'm sure they are aware these things exist.

I was just thinking this - with the added bonus of my tutu not getting too ruffled!

6 minutes ago, sime said:

One thing I was planning on doing anyway is to put my different things in their own shopping bags and then putting them inside my rucksack. So with a full bag search, they can rummage easily through it all. Even if they empty everything, I'll at least be able to sort it all out quickly for repacking. That's how I imagine it will go anyway...!

That's how I pack. The more clothes I have in plastic bags the less chance of them getting wet and it's also easier to find things in the tent, instead of rummaging randomly.

I don't get the logic. As been said, the nutters have attacked outside. So creating a huge queue creates a bigger target.

Multiple trips to the car? Again increases queue size and assume they search everything. 

Me, I've just had a shoulder operation so a trolley is unavoidable.

Edited by hfuhruhurr

1 minute ago, Ollie9917 said:

Interesting, would work well unless they go to check it ://

The Pringles ones have real Pringles in them, so even if they break the seal, they'll just find Pringles!  

Edited by Fork_UK

7 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

They've obviously talked to the authorities and feel it's necessary. Gonna be big queues on Wednesday when I arrive. I hope this make drugs harder to buy inside the festival... 

It was hard enough as it was last year let's not make it any harder. 

11 minutes ago, sime said:

One thing I was planning on doing anyway is to put my different things in their own shopping bags and then putting them inside my rucksack. So with a full bag search, they can rummage easily through it all. Even if they empty everything, I'll at least be able to sort it all out quickly for repacking. That's how I imagine it will go anyway...!

I'm stealing this idea.

I've also just invested in metal camping mirrors as glass ones will probably be confiscated.

1 minute ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Multiple trips to the car? Again increases queue size and assume they search everything. 

If people took the advice and came to the gate lightly loaded and did multiple trips the queues wouldn't be any bigger, they would just be there longer.

Starting to rethink my packing already, clearly the focus is going to be on weapons not drugs:

However guess the following could be iffy:

• My trusty peg hammer / duck tape dispenser (been with me to every festival since Reading 95) :(
  • Pen knife, maybe take a cheapo one I wouldn't mind loosing....
  • Gas canister (always paranoid about been able to buy the right type on site), maybe give up on cooking food all together.  
  • Medical supplies, always take an extensively stocked first aid kit. 

Just now, parsonjack said:

If people took the advice and came to the gate lightly loaded and did multiple trips the queues wouldn't be any bigger, they would just be there longer.

I'm assuming you've gone back to the car for a bag big enough to search. Which, I reckon is any reasonable sized bag. 

10 minutes ago, Larraht said:

To a nervous person on shrooms an extremist ballet dancing fairy may send them over the edge