2019 festival

8 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Went to their last Festival appearance, obviously not knowing they were gonna go on a break. So many decent bands releasing new material/touring this year. Very exciting

Have a mate who went to see them in 2015 as he wasn't really keen on the new AM stuff and he still says to this day it's his best live experience he's had. Unfortunately never had the chance to see them myself but now they're back I'll definitely be going to one of their shows.

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Yma6?

Reckon they might be 4th. Think there could be a top 5 run of The 1975 > Catfish/TDCC > BBC > YMAS > Brockhampton/another hip hop act. Pure speculation of course, just seems feasible with the bits and bobs we've got.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn
typo

Been wrong about this stuff before but I think Bombay could quite easily sub R+L this year. Given that they left off at possibly their biggest point, they’ll also be buoyed on a comeback by young indie fans who’ve listened to them for years and only started going to gigs since they split, as well as all/most of the fans from before.

• Upvote 1

Just seen that BBC are now a SR, I'm guessing @festivalsaregood passed on some info to Neil. Looks pretty likely that they'll be there.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Been wrong about this stuff before but I think Bombay could quite easily sub R+L this year.

Yeah I think it's a fair shout, would work very well under The 1975.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Just seen that BBC are now a SR, I'm guessing @festivalsaregood passed on some info to Neil. Looks pretty likely that they'll be there.

Yeah I think it's a fair shout, would work very well under The 1975.

I think I’d put YMAS under those two, as I can’t see them being lumped down the line up as FR have quite a thing for them at the moment. TDCC did seem nailed on but maybe they’ll be off doing all Tramlines and Y Not and all that stuff and be back next year.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I think I’d put YMAS under those two, as I can’t see them being lumped down the line up as FR have quite a thing for them at the moment. TDCC did seem nailed on but maybe they’ll be off doing all Tramlines and Y Not and all that stuff and be back next year.

Yeah thinking similar now, contrary to what I just posted. The 1975 > BBC > YMAS and then a couple of hip hop acts would work in similar fashion to last years bookings.

50 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Yeah I think Bombay to Sub 1975, or to go under Post/Twenty One Pilots makes sense now (personally I think the latter is more likely, but could be wrong).

Yeah I reckon under the cohead as it will be hard to say how big they actually are until they play some shows, then put catfish under 1975. They like to mix up the days so this would make more sense as 1975 and tdcc/bbc aren't very varied for a head and sub. Rapper would have to be 3rd for 2/3 days like this as if this happened they would be seriously lacking.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They played third down at Community last year though, has the indie switch really been that successful?

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

Tame impala announced for a festival in France mid August, surely this can increase their chances of Leeds and reading?

19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I bloody love BBC so that’s amazing news. Subbing The 1975 is the dream. Imagine the party those few hours would be 8) 

@Andre91 I raise you Tame Impala subbing The 1975.