ClashFest 2017

kalifire

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, thewayiam said:

Yeah Friday is fucked, Saturday is alright, RTJ playing almost the best slot for me and Sunday is by far the strongest for me. Miss out on The Bootleg Beatles again but that's no shock. I expected JP to be generally shit and for me it is.

Just watch them Saturday morning

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Just watch them Saturday morning

I will but it's still a different show. Hacienda vs The Pretenders is a tricky one too but I think it's going to be the latter. Clean Bandit will be a miss, I think atm it's SEB then over quickly to Quo missing Lorde. About 20/21 acts maybe I can catch from the main stages without anything else.

Edited by thewayiam

Lorde/Radiohead

Solange/Stormzy

Metronomy/BBK/Justice 

That's just first glance because I haven't looked at the clashfinder yet. Lorde/Radiohead is the really painful one. When Radiohead were announced I didn't think there was anything that would keep me away from the Pyramid. But it turns out there is! Lorde! 

Little Dragon and The XX. The two bands I wanted to see the most :(

Never seen The XX before, but love Little Dragon's new album and would love to hear their new material live. I feeel like they will be touring in the UK this Autumn so it might be the XX who get "the nod".

Future islands, the xx, George Ezra and likely Elbow all same time Friday....

Alt J, foo fighters, pheonix and Jackson's Saturday.

Sunday only Courteeners and sundara karma and Hackney Colliery band I want to see they don't clash 

I can't count the amount of times that while looking through that list I went "oooh when are they playing.....oh same time as Radiohead. Bugger".

For example, Heidi playing either at the same time as Radiohead OR at Saturday night at 2am or something, which in previous years is around the time I hit the wall. Unless I factor in some shut up sometime between then and Friday morning...

Hamilton Leithauser vs First Aid Kit vs Circa Waves vs Lemon Twigs is a massive stinker. First Aid Kit likely to win that one as I've never seen them. 

Angel Olsen vs Royal Blood is another killer, again I've never seen Angel Olsen so she'll likely win that. 

National vs Avalanches and Solange was not unexpected but unfortunately it looks like I'll miss both with the timings. Will probably catch FJM after the National instead. 

what i've learned is that best laid plans always got to ruin on the basis of a number of factors:

1. what my mates fancy doing vs time of day  - if its getting later in the day, we tend to stick together more as finding folks after the headliners is a nightmare...
  2. ground condtions.... if its muddy, that treck over the site to see xyz... just seems so much less appealing
  3. Where I am at any given time, see point above....

add in a bit of drinking / sunshine and essentially I'll see who ever I happened to be standing in front of....

Friday evening isn't too bad for, don't know what you are all complaining about. Only ones that will miss out is A Tribe Called Red on Glade, and Angel Olsen on Park.

(I don't think I will be seeing anyone on the Park this year, all of the ones I would like to see are on their own smack bang in between two others that I want to see that are back in the thick of things. I can't justify the journey times)

Friday Headline is my biggest decision. 

Definitely do not want to miss Chainska Brasskia. Friends are all big fans too which means getting to the SE corner in good time. That rules out the Park, Other and JP for me. Not fussed about Radiohead so happy to miss. This leaves Status Quo or Dizzee Rascall strong possibilities, neither of which I can see my group going for. 

Just can't decide if I should risk being in SE corner alone while my friends party elsewhere or risk missing the band I want to see. Alcohol is my poison at the festival so I'm not likely to make it to 6am in the temple on my own

Edited by Heather90