The Wood

CiderJames

Hi All, been lurking on the forum for a few months and thought it was time to get back involved.  I've not been to the festival since 2014 and I know a few bits have changed & moved around.  I know the JP tent has moved near a new area called The Wood but not heard much mentioned about it apart from the few photos on the Glastonbury website.  Looks like a nice chilled out area with a fire and some lights.  

Did anybody go there last year, if so what was it like?  Did it have a bar?  Was there any music/bands playing there?  I assume it's a bit like the area next to the glade?

6 minutes ago, CiderJames said:

Hi All, been lurking on the forum for a few months and thought it was time to get back involved.  I've not been to the festival since 2014 and I know a few bits have changed & moved around.  I know the JP tent has moved near a new area called The Wood but not heard much mentioned about it apart from the few photos on the Glastonbury website.  Looks like a nice chilled out area with a fire and some lights.  

Did anybody go there last year, if so what was it like?  Did it have a bar?  Was there any music/bands playing there?  I assume it's a bit like the area next to the glade?

The wood was a really nice chilled pretty area. Had a bar literally next to it, we were there and Katy B done a few songs plus had a DJ.

Its a cracking spot at night if you want a chilled alternative to the SE corner. Loads of paths winding through the woods with fairy lights leading the way and the leaves above you all aluminated in different colours. Will definitely be popping by their again this year.

It would have been a perfect hide out spot from the unforgiving sun in 2010.

It's really tranquil in The Wood.  Lots of little wandering paths and bench seats and lights and things.  I can't remember exactly what was happening but the pond bit had me and my mate making all sorts of childlike sounds. (When we realised the noises we were making, we both cracked up laughing so I remember the joy but not exactly what brought it).  I can only imagine it will be even better this year.

I really liked it, lighting, benches, a cafe bar thing, plus you get a nice view of the site at night, looking up towards the park rather than the usual vantage point of looking down from there. If you're getting a bit bored of hanging out on the hills overlooking the site, and the stone circle, I recommend it as a change. 

It was to small imo

Walking through was lovely but couldn't find any place to stop and stay put but as it was wet it was to be expected I suppose lol

.. I think they have made it bigger this year..