Glade Announced!

JayBalls

33 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Jesus...I must have been way more spandangled than I thought at previous Glastos, as I've spent a lot of time at the Glade and thought it was just one stage :wacko: The maps not giving me any other clues either. I can see one of thems being moved from SE, bit where was Space Port?

This is all kinds of epic though! However, Im feeling the absence of Talaboman though. Its not happening, is it? 

Spaceport.jpg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I know. Mental. It's a shame that line up is there. Probably the shittest venue. And too small for half of those acts. 

Yeh...given that I'd never even noticed it existed before, I seriously hope some of those guys are playing multiple sets. Esp Stanton Warriors!

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh cool! But...urm... I dont remember seeing those big green people before either. I think I might have to go and have a good long word with myself.... 

i THINK it's just over the path towards Holts? The Lounge and the Spaceport are past the Glade "tent" and a little bit across.

Edited by briddj

15 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh cool! But...urm... I dont remember seeing those big green people before either. I think I might have to go and have a good long word with myself.... 

There certainly wasn't much green round there last year!  The people are there every year, but I don't remember them being green at all in 2016.

Is that 2015?  I don't remember it looking that nice in 2014 either.

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

What sort of stuff does Jah play? Anything like early PiL or totally different?

He's totally different to PiL, but he has one fantastic band! Lots of dub, a bit jazzy, a bit world-music-y, he's on my MUST SEE's for certain, amazing show.

9 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

What sort of stuff does Jah play? Anything like early PiL or totally different?

Mostly totally different I think but he throws in the odd PiL tune.

The early 90s stuff is great. 

He's totally different to PiL, but he has one fantastic band! Lots of dub, a bit jazzy, a bit world-music-y, he's on my MUST SEE's for certain, amazing show.

Yeah unmissable really. 

Think @Mardy will be happy?

Edited by The Nal

Awesome line up. Digging The Beat, aint seen them live yet so thatll be another to cross of the list (evil clashes permitting). 

Few bands on here and Shangrila so hoping were getting a few bands playi g different stages as that help with the clashes which at this stage is looking like it could be pretty torrid already 

I'm chuffed the correspondents are going to be back again this year, I know they are regulars now but I love them no less, and clashes permitting this year's set will be my sixth time seeing them. I wish I knew more of that line up as judging by all our your reactions it's a killer. Anyone similar to the Correspondents that I should check out?

Last year was the first time I had spent any proper time at the Glade. Great spot. Very very pleased with LBHQ being moved over to midtown, it's increased prominence and accessibility means it has to get a lot bigger though. Every single scouser is gonna be there for some of the big names and there are a lot at Glasto

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

I know. Mental. It's a shame that line up is there. Probably the shittest venue. And too small for half of those acts. 

Agreed. Its in a bit of a shit spot as well right next to the main path that leads to the old railway track.

Definitely their strongest offering in years.  2015 was a great year for them (last year not so much) and it looks like they have a crack at topping that this time round, particularly if the unannounced acts are as eclectic and interesting as they usually tend to be.