2019 Headliners

10 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

The killers cure storms who cares. 

Is Robyn gunna be there or not?

5d2W.gif

Tell me somethin', girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tell me somethin', girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

One day 🙏🏻

Stormzy, cure and killers. Surprising that no female headliners here given the complaints a few years back that the main stage was dominated by male acts. That’s why I had thought gaga or Madonna was a possibility. Dare I say I had even thought Florence would be considered as she has been touring. Anyway as long as Christine and the queens are somewhere on the list I will be happy. 

2 minutes ago, brendan84 said:

Poor set of headliners,  hoping those other stage rumours stack up

Saw the killers at rock werchter last year,  shite

To the point post about speculation 👍

Haven't been able to jump on since just before the anticipated name drops. So The Killers and The Cure (yawn) eh. In all seriousness though despite my reservations of the (heavily) rumoured The Cure and (moderately) rumoured The Strokes (count your blessings, it could have been them), that set of three headliners is fairly balanced and isn't that bad on the face of it when glancing at the top of the bill of other festivals. We all know there's plenty else on anyways. And we all know what goes down when we're actually on the farm. No doubt I'll be here in July raving about how great The Cure actually were (mate is gagging to see them). Curious as to what Nick's The Strokes info was, especially to specifically mention it two days running? If they are playing then surely the only viable slots are Pyramid sub (under The Cure?) Or Other headliner (opposite Stormzy?). 

56 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Despite the line-up looking weak, 2008 was a great festival. Maybe it was because of how slowly the tickets sold. But some great atmospheres.

I don't think it looks weak in the slightest tbh. Maybe in retrospect KOL but not at the time, no way. 

Not that it'll bother who's on when I get there, really but this years is not a patch on that. I'm not a massive hip hop fan but I'd suggest Jay Z seems a much bigger act than Stormzy. The Verve reforming was big at the time and the set I was looking most forward to seeing and the KOL who were massively popular at the time are better headliners than the killers or the cure imo. 

These look more like other stage headliners to me but as I say it won't matter when I get there and depending on what the clashes are there is a chance I could see a couple of them.

I saw the Killers a few years ago in the  Birmingham Arena. The most soulless gig I’ve ever seen I think, hopefully it’s the venue and crowd and a Glastonbury headline set will be a greater thing.

Edited by ClementsMike

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they're really not.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

The Streets will probably headline the Other

Lauren Hill could quite easily sub Pyramid

Im not talking about the size of the acts. I'm quite likely to watch Prophets & Lauryn Hill at boomtown. I would have done at Glastonbury too.

I have no interest in any of the 3 pyramid headliners.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Chemical Brothers > The Cure

Holy moley.

Out of the 3 headliners, I feel only The Cure has enough weight to headline that pyramid.

Saw The Killers last year at Werchter and they were dreadful. By far the worst headliner on the bill (other headliners being Pearl Jam, Nick Cave, QOTSA, Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys and Jack White).

And talking about The Streets: are they really big enough to headline the Other stage? I'm from Belgium and couldn't name a single song by them, but are these guys a Biffy Clyro-like affair in that they're only well known in the UK?

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Musically speaking, from my perspective: 

The Streets > Stormzy

Tame Impala > The Killers

Chemical Brothers > The Cure

I'm glad  that many would happy with the other stage headliners but I would be really disappointed if those were the top six. I love the chems but no interest in the others. That said Chems, Wu-tang and Janelle Monae... could do a lot worse.  

17 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Reading that setlist, the only killers tune I like is "Somebody told me".

Somebody tell him

“For Reasons Unknown”, with fan from crowd on drums. Aborted.

😄

28 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Saw The Killers last year at Werchter and they were dreadful. By far the worst headliner on the bill (other headliners being Pearl Jam, Nick Cave, QOTSA, Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys and Jack White).

Other than JW, I'd take all of the others named on here as ya headliners.

Having mulled it over on my journey home from work, I reckon any of  Foals, Tame Impala, 1975 & Christine and the Queens would have been a better booking. I wasn't arsed about The Strokes but again they would be preferable. I'm even thinking Calvin Harris coming across to press play and wave his arms about for 90 mins would be an improvement.

54 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

I don't think it looks weak in the slightest tbh. Maybe in retrospect KOL but not at the time, no way. 

Not that it'll bother who's on when I get there, really but this years is not a patch on that. I'm not a massive hip hop fan but I'd suggest Jay Z seems a much bigger act than Stormzy. The Verve reforming was big at the time and the set I was looking most forward to seeing and the KOL who were massively popular at the time are better headliners than the killers or the cure imo. 

These look more like other stage headliners to me but as I say it won't matter when I get there and depending on what the clashes are there is a chance I could see a couple of them.

Probably The Cure if any. Wu Tang > The Killers and I imagine Stormzy probablys becomes a last choice on Friday night.

Gonna be looking at other stages a lot this year round I reckon. 

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Boomtown Headliners 2019 > Glastonbury Headliners 2019

Behave yourself. Lauryn Hill, The Streets and Groove Armada better than Stormzy, The Killers and The Cure?. Basically paying major fest prices for medium sized headliners.