rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

2 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

The Killers just announced for a US festival on 12th July. Forecastle Festival.

I just think they'd be the perfect support act for Macca on June 29th, in their hometown. There's hope...

9 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Who buys albums these days though?

I'm not saying its any barometer of quality.  More an observation about the perceived 'size' of the headliners.  Over the last few years, whether you like their output or not, the likes of Coldplay, Kanye, Adele and Sheeran were megastars and amongst the biggest acts in the world when they headlined.

It was just an observation!

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Boomtown Headliners 2019 > Glastonbury Headliners 2019

they're really not.

Bugger. Had money on Madonna and Gaga.

Fairly uninspired by the prospect of Stormzy, Killers, Cure though will prob go Killers for the craic. 

And certainly don’t think those are TV friendly choices. They each have a few TV friendly songs, but a Madge or a Gaga or a proper classic rock act would be far more TV friendly all round. So not hugely sure those arguments stack up. 

But as someone said, once inside the gates won’t give a slightest fuck who’s headlining 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Boomtown Headliners 2019 > Glastonbury Headliners 2019

The Streets will probably headline the Other

Lauren Hill could quite easily sub Pyramid

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

If that’s the Other lineup, it’s where I’ll be (aside from Jonelle Monae) - that’s a much stronger set of acts than Stormzy/Killers/Cure. 

😂

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Lauren Hill could quite easily sub Pyramid

Who, though? She’d be better placed headlining WH or maybe even Other than propping up acts she has nothing in common with. 

36 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Such a seminal album that you've got its name right and everything

Good spot, you have passed the test...

4 minutes ago, beau1 said:

😂

Musically speaking, from my perspective: 

The Streets > Stormzy

Tame Impala > The Killers

Chemical Brothers > The Cure

Edited by kalifire

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Who, though? She’d be better placed headlining WH or maybe even Other than propping up acts she has nothing in common with. 

Stormzy i’d guess 

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Musically speaking, from my perspective: 

The Streets > Stormzy

Tame Impala > The Killers

Chemical Brothers > The Cure

Genuinely hoping they are the 3 but it sounds too good to be true 

If it is Streets, Tame and Chemics that must be the one of the strongest trio of Other Stage headliners ever?? Does anyone feel like the quality of the overall lineup improves durastically with them.. it's not all doom and gloom! 

Self confessing I spend quite a lot of time throughout the week here checking to see any further updates on who it’s going to be headlining the pyramid, as well as other acts to be confirmed for the festival. The anticipation is fun, and if nothing else it’s a laugh coming on here, but at the end of the day for me it absolutely has no bearing on my time at Glastonbury who plays what stage and at what time. I could go every year and not see a single act and would have the time of my life. It’s nice to have headliners and acts you’re raring to see, but when it’s all said and done, it means shit all who is or isn’t playing the fez. Count yourself lucky you’ve got a ticket for those who have as there are thousands without who couldn’t give a shit who was playing.

It’s a privilege to rock up to the festival every June, the acts themselves are just an added bonus.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Where should I start with The Killers?  Best album? Any famous songs?

I’m Norman whiteside

That raises an interesting point, @eFestivals do you think any of the booking agents for the stages have peaked in here over the years to gauge a general reaction/see who's in demand on the undercards (and attainable)

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Kings of Leon in the 10 years prior to that have sold several times more than the Killers have in the last 10 now (unless they've made up a monumental gap with sales of old albums). They've also sold more the Killers in the UK in their careers overall, if you're interested. Those 2008 headliners were a pretty big deal at the time, the end of the Verve and the decline in popularity (and output) of KoL and Jay-Z just makes it look much weaker than it was.

KOL was a lot of fucking fun that night. The vibe in the field for JayZ was unique in my Glasters going experience and the Verve was an under appreciated belter. 

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

KOL was a lot of fucking fun that night. The vibe in the field for JayZ was unique in my Glasters going experience and the Verve was an under appreciated belter. 

I had a great time at KOL and The Verve too....great nights!

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Despite the line-up looking weak, 2008 was a great festival. Maybe it was because of how slowly the tickets sold. But some great atmospheres.

2 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Despite the line-up looking weak, 2008 was a great festival. Maybe it was because of how slowly the tickets sold. But some great atmospheres.

Racenteurs, Len Cohen, Buddy Guy, Solomon Burke, Crowded House. I had a blast.

• Upvote 1