2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

20 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hahah, your right you can’t believe anything till announcement. I think I want Strokes too bad.

Agreed! Was chatting to my boyfriend last night and he asked, who do you think will play? I said, I can only answer who I want to play! As much as I'd love to see Strokes at one of their own gigs, I've lost hope with that - saw them at Reading in 2011, BST in 2015, and to see them this year at Glasto would make my bloody year! I don't wanna get my hopes up though.

2 minutes ago, woyski said:

Agreed! Was chatting to my boyfriend last night and he asked, who do you think will play? I said, I can only answer who I want to play! As much as I'd love to see Strokes at one of their own gigs, I've lost hope with that - saw them at Reading in 2011, BST in 2015, and to see them this year at Glasto would make my bloody year! I don't wanna get my hopes up though.

I'm the same only I really want Killers

3 minutes ago, jessden89 said:

I'm the same only I really want Killers

Killers would make me cry. Saw them at the Macron and couldn’t help but cringe. The crowd stood still and made me think I would of had a better experience at a show at Blackpool Tower. No thanks.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Grammar

Sorry as I'm sure this has been discussed to death (justnewbiethings xo) but what do we think about the possibility of Ariana? I know a lot of you won't be the biggest fans, I for one have become obsessed with her over the past 2 years hahaha (26 yo female). I feel like she's at the right level especially as she's now headlining Coachella, and she's just shifted some of her Sweetener tour dates to accommodate both Coachella and Lollapalooza. The UK means a lot to her also RE: Manchester, and she is due here on her tour in August. Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Killers would make me cry. Saw them at the Macron and couldn’t help but cringe. The crowd stood still and made me think I would of had a better experience at a show at Blackpool Tower. No thanks.

Oh no! I've never had that experience. Always find their live shows really fun and basically the opposite to this

I do remember hearing dodge stuff about the Macron show though and it being a logistical nightmare.

They were amazing at BST Hyde Park

3 minutes ago, woyski said:

Sorry as I'm sure this has been discussed to death (justnewbiethings xo) but what do we think about the possibility of Ariana? I know a lot of you won't be the biggest fans, I for one have become obsessed with her over the past 2 years hahaha (26 yo female). I feel like she's at the right level especially as she's now headlining Coachella, and she's just shifted some of her Sweetener tour dates to accommodate both Coachella and Lollapalooza. The UK means a lot to her also RE: Manchester, and she is due here on her tour in August. Thoughts?

She’s playing in the US on Glastonbury weekend.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

She’s playing in the US on Glastonbury weekend.

Whoops! Something I could've checked in two minutes haha, cheers. Bf also mentioned that they got in a lot of shit in 2017 for having an all male headliner bill, so who's the lady gonna be this year - Madonna p'rhaps?

5 minutes ago, woyski said:

Whoops! Something I could've checked in two minutes haha, cheers. Bf also mentioned that they got in a lot of shit in 2017 for having an all male headliner bill, so who's the lady gonna be this year - Madonna p'rhaps?

Emily Eavis confirmed Madonna won't be there, as well as Led Zeppelin & Fleetwood Mac.

1 minute ago, woyski said:

Sheesh, you'd think a PhD student would be a bit better at reading the sources. Who are you thinking atm?

Don't worry about it aha, there's been a long road of speculation so far and plenty more to come.

The Cure are strongly rumoured for the Sunday but The Strokes or Lady Gaga have been banded around as potentials for the Saturday so far. I'm sure this is just the beginning of it though.

• Like 1

I've been on a Strokes randomiser kick in a two hour gym session. It was pretty fucking good and I didn't even get much from Is This It. Strong. 

Guess it will depend on which level of give a shit arrives. For those who have never seen them, do not expect a Run Around Dave or Angus esque antics. They will stand still for two hours, but hey, they at least do encores these days which wasn't the case when we really wanted them.

Some sad news for those excited about getting Juicey Juice in your set - they very very rarely play it these days.

Despite that, I am IN. DESPITE not having a ticket. Hopefully this will upset the Hunter and daisy chain wearing crowd enough to throw their tickets in the pot with the gammons.

• Like 1