2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 hours ago, Keithy said:

The other issue is Macca (rightly) only plays his Beatle songs so you have huge swathes that never get played live or even get airplay.

Not completely true - he throws in Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite (Lennon song) and Something (Harrison song) on most nights of the current tour. I've spotted a few other Lennon songs from time to time as well, but this is only a handful in a set of around 40 songs

4 hours ago, Keithy said:

The other issue is Macca (rightly) only plays his Beatle songs so you have huge swathes that never get played live or even get airplay.

He plays A Hard Days Night, Mr Kite & Something in his current set. 

I'm clearly in the minority with Jude. Fair enough, it's certainly down to familiarity rather than the quality of the song that leaves me so ambivalent .

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Been glancing over at the coachella boards and the most common prediction seems to be Childish Gambino, Pearl Jam and Kanye West. 

Seems like a pretty standard set of American festival headliners. I am surprised that Pearl Jam are being given another shot at Coachella in this current music climate. I guess if Gambino was on some lineups next year it would make his appearance at Glastonbury a bit more likely.

I still think (unless I can be proven wrong) he will get snapped up by Wireless... would it be possible for him to play both? Surely he’d get a headliner slot at wireless which might put Glastonbury in jeporday. 

Bonnaroo looks to be getting Foo Fighters, Phish, Travis Scott, and Arctic Monkeys are the headliners this year. Weird times when Coachella doesn't get the best headliners for a US fest.

13 hours ago, eastynh said:

I don't mind the Beatles but I have never been one to watch an act just to tick them off so to speak.

I could not watch Macca knowing that one of my fave bands were playing at another stage.

Now if I get a ticket, I will have to watch Hot Chip on my own as literally all my group want to watch Macca. I would not regret watching Hot Chip where as I know that I would with Macca. 

Hot Chip > Macca 

Down like button is down there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

21 hours ago, Sasperella said:

If you get a ticket, I'll join you! I haven't done a poll as yet, but I imagine that there's gonna be a fair few of my crew that won't be able to resist the large-scale singalong....

I will be there by hook or by crook so will hold you to that. I warn you now regarding my not quite dad dancing ?

12 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Hot Chip > Macca 

Down like button is down there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hot Chip is undeniably the better live act at the moment, assuming Hot Chip are anything like as good as they were on their 2015 tour - but Macca is never going to play Glasto again and he's a Beatle. Tricky.