2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would you deem her an “annoying bint”?

I think the word I used was 'shouty'. I actually Googled the word bint as it wasn't meant to be particularly offensive - it's from the Arabic and translates as a derogatory word for a woman. So I apologise. However, I find Pink's vocal style not to my taste. If she played I might even check her out.

2 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

I think the word I used was 'shouty'. I actually Googled the word bint as it wasn't meant to be particularly offensive - it's from the Arabic and translates as a derogatory word for a woman. So I apologise. However, I find Pink's vocal style not to my taste. If she played I might even check her out.

That’s alright, just seemed a little strong and unnecessary, but anyway. We all move on.

22 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just how long are those legs? I've never seen them in real life and if she resembles some kind of giant insect then I will find it uncomfortable. 

She's 5 foot 10 inches tall and about 6 foot four in heels. Her legs are insured for £25.5 million.

4 minutes ago, youngatheart2 said:

Make of this as you will i have a very good friend who has worked for the hospitality section at worthy farm for many years he has told me that his boss is getting  phone calls from James Hetfield, is there a chance they would do it again so soon i doubt it but there you go..

I imagine he would be there as a punter rather than playing again? Can’t see them ever being back on the bill to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Martin Ashford said:

What does this look like? Correct. It's a festival with multiple stages, massive PA and lights, DJs, bars, food vendors selling festival food, merchandise stalls and lots of toilets. The woman on the stage with long legs and her back to us is Taylor Swift. See that crowd? They are densely packed and (whisper it) heavily male. Don't tell me she won't play festivals and is only of interest to teenage girls.

image.thumb.png.124c731d8870a8d2a3b86b41072e0bc1.png

The day when BBC Radio One Big Weekend is used to defend an artist wanting to play festivals is the day one should stop protesting and defending that artist as one that will play festivals! It's like calling BST a festival!

• Upvote 1

Swift at Big Weekend means nothing. It's literally the equivelant of that Capital Jingle Ball thing but in a park. It's a Radio Station. A short set. A sweet deal.

No comparison to make with festivals and certainly no reason to suggest it means she would play. It does not.

13 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Swift at Big Weekend means nothing. It's literally the equivelant of that Capital Jingle Ball thing but in a park. It's a Radio Station. A short set. A sweet deal.

No comparison to make with festivals and certainly no reason to suggest it means she would play. It does not.

True there's not a great comparison between that and festivals but let's not kid ourselves if she was available and her price was decent then GF would snap her up and if they were impressed by her set there then it would have an influence in them signing her up. 

29 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

True there's not a great comparison between that and festivals but let's not kid ourselves if she was available and her price was decent then GF would snap her up and if they were impressed by her set there then it would have an influence in them signing her up. 

Edit. Sorry quoted this twice that is to shitty mobile.

Edited by jyoung

25 minutes ago, jyoung said:

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The day when BBC Radio One Big Weekend is used to defend an artist wanting to play festivals is the day one should stop protesting and defending that artist as one that will play festivals! It's like calling BST a festival!

I don't get this. Obviously, there is a huge chasmic difference between attending a proper festival like Glastonbury and "The Biggest Weekend"*, but from an artist's point of view don't they have similar pros and cons. I.e.

* Con: Vastly reduced control over stage production.

* Con: Short set.

* Not paying to your own fans/not headlining (usually).

* Pro: TV exposure.

* Pro: Cool points.

Although, hang on, that last one only applies to Glastonbury, so I think for once, Martin is talking sense when it comes to Ms Swift and our favourite festival. If she was willing to play The Biggest Weekend, then what reason would she have for not playing Glastonbury?

* Those were "distain quotes"

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

The point is, she isn't available. She doesn't play festivals.

How do you know she's not available. I think the point is null as Adele didn't play festivals until Glastonbury came calling either. 

Edited by Doug85

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

But she did!

It might have been a shitty one, but it was a multi-stage, multi-stage event. A festival in every negative way that matters to an artist.

Yep she's even done a couple of shitty festivals in Vegas etc similar to that. 

30 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Edit: Sorry, quoted this twice cos I'm on mobile.

Edited by jyoung

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't get this. Obviously, there is a huge chasmic difference between attending a proper festival like Glastonbury and "The Biggest Weekend"*, but from an artist's point of view don't they have similar pros and cons. I.e.

* Con: Vastly reduced control over stage production.

* Con: Short set.

* Not paying to your own fans/not headlining (usually).

* Pro: TV exposure.

* Pro: Cool points.

Although, hang on, that last one only applies to Glastonbury, so I think for once, Martin is talking sense when it comes to Ms Swift and our favourite festival. If she was willing to play The Biggest Weekend, then what reason would she have for not playing Glastonbury?

* Those were "distain quotes"

Ed Sheeran, you know him, said a few years ago that Swift would never play Glastonbury, as she won’t do fests because of her want to be in control. Taylor Swift doing some low-scale half-hour sets at R1BW to keep the BBC happy seems like a compromise rather than her actually doing festivals.

Also the TV exposure doesn’t count for Swift, really. She already has complete TV exposure.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Ed Sheeran, you know him, said a few years ago that Swift would never play Glastonbury, as she won’t do fests because of her want to be in control. Taylor Swift doing some low-scale half-hour sets at R1BW to keep the BBC happy seems like a compromise rather than her actually doing festivals.

Also the TV exposure doesn’t count for Swift, really. She already has complete TV exposure.

Isn't doing these shitty little festivals already a big loss of control? It's a very small gap between those as something more substantial like Glastonbury. I take your point though, it would be more than 30 mins at a bigger festival, so the lower production values would be more evident.

Believe me, I'd love it to happen. Saw her at the O2 on her Red tour and at the Etihad on the Rep tour. Seeing her atop the Pyramid would be my dream. Go on the Taylor Swift thread and you'll find my ultimate Glastonbury set list full of bangers and deep cuts...

But it just isn't happening (happy to be proven wrong). 

Edited by jyoung

9 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Believe me, I'd love it to happen. Saw her at the O2 on her Red tour and at the Etihad on the Rep tour. Seeing her atop the Pyramid would be my dream. Go on the Taylor Swift thread and you'll find my ultimate Glastonbury set list full of bangers and deep cuts...

I don't think it will happen either I just think that her not doing festivals doesn't mean that much as Adele was the same although she put that down to fear of playing big crowds. If GF wanted her and tried to get her then there's a chance. 

Maybe she would take a sub spot for a smaller set if she feels like that keeps her In control? 

Edited by Doug85

14 minutes ago, jyoung said:

We all know it won’t happen, but it is fun talking about the prospect until it’s definitely ruled out. #teamswift #13