2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yep, it could be both.

But R/L's preference is always to have exclusives.

Yeah, but I guess if the indication is that they’re tied down at R+L, then that bumps the Glasto offer off the table. Or to next year.

Has there been any recently added emphasis on The 1975, or is your feeling pushed by Arctic Monkeys leaving the picture?

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah, but I guess if the indication is that they’re tied down at R+L, then that bumps the Glasto offer off the table. Or to next year.

Has there been any recently added emphasis on The 1975, or is your feeling pushed by Arctic Monkeys leaving the picture?

'tied down' is a slightly different thing to signed and sealed. If they haven't signed for R/L yet then they might be weighing the merits of both offers, and if they have signed they might be trying to get R/L to allow them to do Glasto. All things  are possible.

I've had some info from a source with a good record. It's fairly vague but does imply Glasto might happen.

I've then taken a leap with that info, to fit it around other things I've been told. From that it feels right to me, but 'right' in that they have an offer, not that they're definitely doing it.

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The only thing I know of The 1975 was trying to secure a good spot for Dolly on Sunday afternoon in 2014. I thought:

- It’s really sweet that they’re so happy to be there. 

- They must be wearing ear plugs. 

I’m a fan and that set was woeful. Completely lacking any of their usual stage presence or energy. Give them a crowd there to see them as opposed to see Dolly bleedin’ Parton, and combine that with the experience on bigger stages they now have (IIRC that was the first time they’d ever played to a crowd of anything like that size), and it’s a different story

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

'tied down' is a slightly different thing to signed and sealed. If they haven't signed for R/L yet then they might be weighing the merits of both offers, and if they have signed they might be trying to get R/L to allow them to do Glasto. All things  are possible.

I've had some info from a source with a good record. It's fairly vague but does imply Glasto might happen.

I've then taken a leap with that info, to fit it around other things I've been told. From that it feels right to me, but 'right' in that they have an offer, not that they're definitely doing it.

Fair. I thought it meant signed and sealed.

I can certainly imagine it being true that they’ve been given the offer - especially given some of the other acts were discussing headlining - but I’m sure R+L will be an obstacle.

Don’t right get why R+L have such a problem with sharing headline acts with Glastonbury as its great promo while tickets are still available, but I guess they know the figures better than I do.

Just now, Little Andy said:

People seem to be assuming AM are out now? Who was that quote from implying they're not doing anything Glastonbury weekend, is it really so reliable? Or have I missed something?

The lad who runs ArcticMonkeysUS said he'd been told he won't miss anything when he's at a wedding over Glastonbury weekend, something along those lines anyway

He does seem to be pretty in the know when it comes to AM in fairness 

13 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The only thing I know of The 1975 was trying to secure a good spot for Dolly on Sunday afternoon in 2014.

Me too. I thought they were awful. At least with past headliners I've always thought that, ok, they're pretty big, just not for me (e.g. Coldplay, Adele), but this time I don't even think they're that big. Although all this talk of sell out shows just proves how out of touch I am. Plus, Kasabian headlined my first Glastonbury so, I guess "big" isn't as big a deal as you might think

21 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I’m in danger of having no Pyramid headliners to watch the way it’s going. I’m so in for Gaga though 

Same - The combo of The 1975, the Cure and Maca does absolutely nothing for me. But then the only headliner I've ever watched all way through and gave a shit about was radioed.

Wanted to see Foo's, but my friends hated it so we left after 5 mins. Was up for Muse/Metallica but no one else was keen. Saw Arcade Fire which was ace when we were all shit-faced but mostly I just went along with the crowd. And then Kasabian/Adele/Coldplay/Ed - nope nope nope nope nope. In every case I found something very good to do with my time instead :D

2 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

People seem to be assuming AM are out now? Who was that quote from implying they're not doing anything Glastonbury weekend, is it really so reliable? Or have I missed something?

I was wondering that...It seemed like something you might say as a joke to deflect from the fact that you were actually doing Glastonbury "urrrrm....i think i have a wedding or some shit....yeh, that's it". But maybe the poster knows the source very well :)

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Would love to see Stormzy get a bump up though.

Stormzy is an interesting one. I'm not really into his music but I do really really like him as person - he seems great! I know grime is big now, and maybe I would go along for a bit out of interest, but I do worry a bit that he might not get a massive crowd, which would make me a bit sad. It would be great to have him as the contemporary act, increase the diversity and push some musical boundaries - buuuuut I would be a little worried of it not getting a massive reception. I know people said that about Jay Z and he went down amazingly - but (and I may be completely fucking wrong about this as I am usually pretty out of touch with these things) I don't think Stormzy has the same international mega star pull as Jay Z had. I'm happy to be proved wrong on that though!

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Stormzy is an interesting one. I'm not really into his music but I do really really like him as person - he seems great! I know grime is big now, and maybe I would go along for a bit out of interest, but I do worry a bit that he might not get a massive crowd, which would make me a bit sad. It would be great to have him as the contemporary act, increase the diversity and push some musical boundaries - buuuuut I would be a little worried of it not getting a massive reception. I know people said that about Jay Z and he went down amazingly - but (and I may be completely fucking wrong about this as I am usually pretty out of touch with these things) I don't think Stormzy has the same international mega star pull as Jay Z had. I'm happy to be proved wrong on that though!

Ive been wondering if stormzy has enough tunes to play for a couple of hours. would be happy if it happens tho and im prob wrong to wonder if he has enough hits

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Side from Liams tweets, do you have any information to support that?

nope, tho I do have info to support who I think are headlining.

Just can't really see him headlining, and before Macca seems about perfect.

(and it also gives the possibility of bumping him up to headline if the ones they want to headline fall thru).