Dream festival headliners

swede

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I hope Freddie Garrity did his special dancing during You Were Made For Me.

I think they scared me, which is probably why I wee'd myself.  Next night I was dragged off to see Ken Dodd, terrified, won't tell you the consequences of that one.

Fri:

Sun Ra > Dylan > Nina Simone

Sat:

The Killer (in a reality where he wasn't gross) > Neil Young > Prince

Sun: 

Arcade Fire > Bauhaus > Bowie > My constituent atoms dissolve in gaseous form, a breeze carries them up and over the farm. I am satisfied, and dead.

Edited by liamium

Joy Division 

Then Joy Division does New Order.

Would love Puressence as well. Such an under rated band. They deserved so much better.

Edit- Just remembered it is headliners so maybe not Puressence.

The real version of of Chic would be good with a load of guest singers. Say Dianna, Luthur, Kathy Sledge, Mr Bowie and maybe Madonna would be nice.

Edited by eastynh

I like this idea! Tried to do it with bands ive never seen ( or will never see!)

Friday

Pyramid - Bowie - Other - The Smiths - West Holts - Chic - John Peel - Massive Attack - The Park - Bon Iver

Saturday

Pyramid - Pink Floyd - Other - The Clash - West Holts - Daft Punk - John Peel - Joy Division - The Park - Bjork

Sunday

Pyramid - The Beatles - Other - Fleetwood Mac - West Holts - The Fugees - John Peel - Iggy Pop - The Park - Peter Gabriel - Legend Slot - Bob Dylan

27 minutes ago, Untz said:

I thought you didn't like Joy Division? Are you finally seeing the light?

No pun inteded here, but in isolation they are fine. Some of the songs are absolutely fantastic. 

Yet I find listening to them for an extended period very difficult. Listening to a man bare his tortured soul in them lyrics is hard to take. Knowing he meant every single word and then relating that to his ultimate demise leads me feeling very dark. I find no hope in Joy Division.

Despite all that, as a live spectacle, Joy Division in their pomp would be a frightening proposition for a pyramid headliner. 

There has always been a part of me quite intruiged to think about how things would have turned out if Ian Curtis had pulled through.  Would they have gone in the same direction as New Order?

21 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No pun inteded here, but in isolation they are fine. Some of the songs are absolutely fantastic. 

Yet I find listening to them for an extended period very difficult. Listening to a man bare his tortured soul in them lyrics is hard to take. Knowing he meant every single word and then relating that to his ultimate demise leads me feeling very dark. I find no hope in Joy Division.

Despite all that, as a live spectacle, Joy Division in their pomp would be a frightening proposition for a pyramid headliner. 

There has always been a part of me quite intruiged to think about how things would have turned out if Ian Curtis had pulled through.  Would they have gone in the same direction as New Order?

Im going to see Peter Hook & The Light tomorrow night in Newcastle doing Substance.

Really looking forward to it!