Liam Gallagher

plaskins

So back from Knebworth. Worst part was the car park at the end.

Gig was, Amyl and the Sniffers was decent. Kasabian did well I thought. I'm more into the will known hits etc but I don't think Serge carries the band as bad as some previous reports. He doesn't have the presence of Tom, I'd not bother seeing them again with or without him but that's just me.

Liam's vocals were superb tonight.

Also no bar queue issues either really.

It's now 6 hrs sleep and up and out for Slam Dunk!

Enjoyed yesterday. Liam’s voice was great and he was on top form. Enjoyed Amyl and the Sniffers, especially when they told the guy in the crowd shouting abuse at them to do one. Kasabian with Serge worked I think. The guy from The Music on backing vocals and guitar complements him well.

Good setlist by Liam. Think maybe they should have made the pit a wristband first come, first served deal. People were livid during Nutini as they couldn’t get in. Also once you were in, it was hard to get out to get food, drinks or go for a wee!

I went yesterday. Last minute tix for £30.

Traffic was awful. Paulo wasn’t great for me. Kasabian we’re good and must be great for them after the last couple of years.

Liam was on top form. Great set list and quality closing out with John Squire on Champagne Supernova. Little Barrie in for Bonehead too. 

Sunny mega gig. Ace. 

8 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

I went yesterday. Last minute tix for £30.

Traffic was awful. Paulo wasn’t great for me. Kasabian we’re good and must be great for them after the last couple of years.

Liam was on top form. Great set list and quality closing out with John Squire on Champagne Supernova. Little Barrie in for Bonehead too. 

Sunny mega gig. Ace. 

Agreed. Paulo was just dull and boring.

• Like 1

Went on Friday, had a good day but absolutely nightmare getting home. Didn’t get back to our hotel until about 3am due to our taxi cancelling and having to jump on the last train and then get an Uber from there. Bar queues weren’t amazing but were always moving. 

Band wise Amyl and the Sniffers were excellent. Paolo was shocking, even when we played a classic he completely changed it so felt like he killed the atmosphere a little bit. Kasabian were good but missed a few hits, honestly didn’t notice Tom not being there. Liam was brilliant despite some knobs throwing piss (It’s not funny or clever - don’t do it. Go to the toilets or worse case piss in a cup and put it on the floor. I don’t advocate this but it’s better than it going all over someone’s head, legs and jacket). 

All in all a good day but I’d never go to a gig in Knebworth again, absolute joke of a venue for transport. The more I do the big gigs the more I’m starting to enjoy smaller venues these days as everything is easier. 

Edited by foolee

10 hours ago, foolee said:

Went on Friday, had a good day but absolutely nightmare getting home. Didn’t get back to our hotel until about 3am due to our taxi cancelling and having to jump on the last train and then get an Uber from there. Bar queues weren’t amazing but were always moving. 

Band wise Amyl and the Sniffers were excellent. Paolo was shocking, even when we played a classic he completely changed it so felt like he killed the atmosphere a little bit. Kasabian were good but missed a few hits, honestly didn’t notice Tom not being there. Liam was brilliant despite some knobs throwing piss (It’s not funny or clever - don’t do it. Go to the toilets or worse case piss in a cup and put it on the floor. I don’t advocate this but it’s better than it going all over someone’s head, legs and jacket). 

All in all a good day but I’d never go to a gig in Knebworth again, absolute joke of a venue for transport. The more I do the big gigs the more I’m starting to enjoy smaller venues these days as everything is easier. 

Yeah I thought Serge was great. I stayed in my car until it started moving. I think I got out the car park around half 12 and i got into bed at 2am.

I don't regret any of it but not being in my 20s anymore, it was a bit more difficult than I'd have hoped at Slam Dunk to jump about etc. There was also an element of be not knowing as much stuff from the earlier bands I thought I did but The Suicide Machines were great opening. Kinda glad I'm going Sum 41 and Simple Plan because Sum 41 was so much of a crush, their crowd bits are the most mental and squashed I've been in. The Interrupters and The Skints tour later in the year I'll go too as well. Overall it was great but last time I went I enjoyed it more despite the bar queues being much better this time.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So, I hear this fellow's dates with Squire went in half-an-hour.

One of those where I cannot imagine sales translating to a bigger tour unless LG walks back his words and throws a few Oasis and Stone Roses tracks in there.

But who knows. Maybe intimate dates will give him a nice way to muck around with someone he likes.

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

So, I hear this fellow's dates with Squire went in half-an-hour.

One of those where I cannot imagine sales translating to a bigger tour unless LG walks back his words and throws a few Oasis and Stone Roses tracks in there.

But who knows. Maybe intimate dates will give him a nice way to muck around with someone he likes.

He's doing multiple arena gigs in the summer where he's playing Definitely Maybe in full so I doubt this is much more than a small side project in a few smaller venues.

He might even incorporate one or two of these songs into that tour.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

He's doing multiple arena gigs in the summer where he's playing Definitely Maybe in full so I doubt this is much more than a small side project in a few smaller venues.

He might even incorporate one or two of these songs into that tour.

Can't imagine he'd do the Squire stuff without Squire, surely?