Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Just now, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

anyone else thinking Dizzee got bumped to WH and that left an open slot and they just pushed Annie Mac in there? She really lucked out anyway

Ha just posted the exact same thing :lol: yep I think that's definitely what happened (although putting Dizzee vs ATCQ seems a weird move in the first place, even if they are totally different ends of the genre).

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Ha just posted the exact same thing :lol: yep I think that's definitely what happened (although putting Dizzee vs ATCQ seems a weird move in the first place, even if they are totally different ends of the genre).

Yeah, just saw yours now, but you beat me to it! Ha! My only guess is that they had Radiohead and Flaming Lips on which would have a lot of crossover too, then Tribe and Dizzee, and then Major Lazer doing whatever the hell genre that is on Other. Not the most diverse genre wise, but would be quite a spread of ppl still. Guess Annie Mac is a Radio 1 luvvie and she was always about to do it/fill in.

3 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Annie Mac's pretty huge btw. No doubt her set will be pretty shit but she'll draw a good crowd, even in a headline slot.

No denying she's a big act, but if Fatboy Slim only subbed last year I can't see Annie Mac getting given better. Definitely feels like a bump up to me.

In having to replace one of their main stage headliners I doubt they filled it by moving another of their main stage headliners. Plus Clean Bandit won't have been lower than JP subs so Annie Mac would have had to be moved from some other random slot. I reckon Dizzee was mid-Other or Pyramid where they could just replace him with any old shiter.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

No denying she's a big act, but if Fatboy Slim only subbed last year I can't see Annie Mac getting given better. Definitely feels like a bump up to me.

I'm more or less responding to others claiming stuff like 'she must have an amazing agent' and the like. I agree that she's probably been added there last minute.

29 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I thought that the crowdfunder for the Howard Marks Hologram met its target......?

It did, but the developers blew all the cash on grass and got stoned instead.

It's what Howard would have wanted.

Bit gutted at Radiohead v Flaming Lips, that was basically bands no 1 & 2 I was hoping to see this year. On the other hand Id already put it in my mind as a definite clash so that took the edge off. 

Im now hoping I get some sort of run like Lannegan > Ride > Cabbage > Radiohead, even better if they can fit the beat in there so none of those clash. That wouod be happy days but if I can get four then ill be happy overall.