2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

The one you've all been waiting for:

I can't put my finger on it but this sounds ridiculously similar to something and I'm sure somebody will be able to figure it out before I do (if you can bare to sit through it, although tbh the similarities start almost immediately).

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

The one you've all been waiting for:

I can't put my finger on it but this sounds ridiculously similar to something and I'm sure somebody will be able to figure it out before I do (if you can bare to sit through it, although tbh the similarities start almost immediately).

It's alright, not totally awful. The whole comes across as a bit contrived still though 'oh look ex-boyband member makes serious ballad' 

Anyone been listening to the new IDLES album?

Sounds like a cross between Sleaford Mods and Slaves but turns out to be greater than the sum of its two parts.

Hoping for a Hell stage performance at 2am, to rival the Slaves one from a few years ago.

EVEN MARY BERRY LIKES REGGAE!

Edited by windy_miller

1 minute ago, windy_miller said:

Anyone been listening to the new IDLES album?

Sounds like a cross between Sleaford Mods and Slaves but turns out to be greater than the sum of its two parts.

Hoping for a Hell stage performance at 2am, to rival the Slaves one from a few years ago.

EVEN MARY BERRY LIKES REGGAE!

Must admit I thought they were a load of shite when I was first introduced to them but they've grown on me significantly. Still pretty silly but that's obviously what they're going for. Will have to give the album a go.

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

QOTSA have a new album out called 25 "coming soon". Added some australian tour dates too. Got an email about it with a presale code.... which I am about 10,000 miles from being about to use

Can always give the code to @kalifire 

• Upvote 1

Just now, addicted2noise said:

Jesus the new FJM album is a bit of a dirge, really surprised by all the great reviews its getting. Maybe it's a grower. 

Aye I can't really get along with it. Got a feeling a lot of reviewers are scared to give it a low score due to it obviously being an attempt at a masterpiece/magnum opus and so don't want to be wrong, but it's ridiculously try hard in places and missing a large part of what made him so great in the first place.

Pumped for the QotSA cogs starting to turn. 

Reading far much into this but the beginning of Like Clockwork was glass shattering and was a stand out feature of their live show on the last album. This artwork seems to be similar so we might be getting a similar sounding album? 

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I don't think the songs I've heard are that far removed from honeybear to be honest. We'll see. 

It's all very one-note. Honeybear had a fair few uplifting songs and tempo changes whereas this is almost entirely dreary piano ballads, which is fine for a bit, but by halfway they all seem to blend in to one, especially when one is ten minutes long and one is thirteen pissing minutes long. Total Entertainment Forever and the title track are ace though and there are a few other choice moments in there (although I've yet to decipher which songs they're from because of the reasons above).

Tbh I've only given it one and a half listens so far so maybe I should hold back my judgement until I've given it a few more listens through :lol: although I'm not sure how many spare 75 minutes I have that couldn't be spend doing or listening to something better. It didn't light up my world on first listen, anyway, but maybe the reviews are right and I'm wrong.